Chapter 1

You never know how fast things can change. One moment, everything fine. The next, everything you loved, gone.

*Flashback*
Everything was perfect. My hair blowing in my eyes, strands falling out of my bun from all the windows rolled down. Dad singing obnoxiously loud and mom laughing loudly at his doing so. My body went cold with fear when I heard my mom shouting, "Watch out, WATCH OUT, WATCH OUT!" Dad slammed on the breaks, I was jerked to the right as I felt my seatbelt dig into my abdomen and chest, but it was too late. Glass shattered. Headlights shining bright through the cracked , half gone windshield.

-

"Tray up please, we are landing soon." I nodded a the flight attendant, smiling slightly. I laid my head back, looking at mini air vent on the airplane ceiling to dry my watering eyes. My parents were gone. I would never see them again. I was only 14, what was I to do with no parents? Now I had no one but my brother Michael who lived in Australia. I lived in Florida and the plane trip was hell. Thankfully, it was almost over. I felt the plane touch the ground, and the brakes immediately stop the plane.

The seatbelt dug into my abdomen over my bruised abdomen. My brain forced me to relive the unwelcome memory of headlights shining through the cracked windshield. My eyes widened and fingers dug into the arm seat. The clicking of seatbelts unbuckling grabbed my attention and had my head snapping to my right. I took a wobbly breath and unbuckled my belt, grabbing my backpack from beneath my seat. I held my backpack in front of me as I walked to the front of the plane, nervous to see Michael. I followed the crowd of others from my plane, hoping I wouldn't have too difficult of a time finding Michael.