Chapter 8

The next day I woke up. I felt wet. Did I pee? I ripped off my covers and stood up. Damn. There was blood covering my crotch and the bed sheets. I ran to the door and locked it so none of the boys could walk in. It was a lot and I didn't want them to see it.

I quickly walked to the shower. I dried off and took a ton of toilet paper to stuff in my underwear and made a make-shift pad. This felt terrible. I but on a pair of black sweat pants and a t-shirt and walked out of the bathroom. I stripped off my bed covers and threw them on the floor. I could deal with them later. I walked out of the room. It was only 9:00 A.M. so I didn't expect any of the boys to be up yet. I walked down the hall to Mikey's door. I knocked and opened it to see that his bed covers had been thrown to the side. Where did he go? I checked downstairs. He wasn't there either. The time I have my period of course he isn't home.

I walked down to the room closest to his. Lukes. I opened the door to find Luke sleeping in his bed. Did I really want to wake him up? Not really. Maybe one of the other boys was awake. I thought I heard Calum swear from his room. I walked down the hall and knocked on his door.

"Yeah come in!" He said. I walked in. He wasn't wearing a shirt and stood up of his bed.

"Oh, hey Brookie." He smiled. He saw my concerned face and worry came across his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting on a shirt.

"Uh. Do you know where Mikey is?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, him and Ash went into the studio early to do some recording." He answered. "Do you need something? You look sick."

"No, I just.... I started my period and I don't have any tampons or pads or anything. I need someone to take me to the store." I said quickly.

"Alright. I'll go. You go lay down, okay?" He said slipping in his vans. He walked over to me and gave me a shoulder hug.

"Cal-"

"Go to bed, B. I got it. I'll be home soon." He grabbed his keys and we both walked out of his room. He ran down the stairs and drove off. I went back into my room and layed down as he told me.

*Calums POV*
I drove quickly to the store. I ran inside and walked to the hygiene isle. All I had on was sweats, a t-shirt, and vans and some girl was making flirty eyes at me. I smiled at her and she grinned back. I had to focus. Brooke needed me at the moment. I picked up a box of pads, a box of tampons, two bottles of Advil, and walked to the candy isle. I knew how to do this. I did it a couple times before for my older sister. I picked up two bags of Starbursts and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms.

I walked to the checkout isle and there was an older lady there. I set all the things down and waited for her to ring it up, pulling out my wallet.

"Girlfriend?" The checkout lady asked. "And that'll be $21.57" I swiped my card.

"No." I laughed. "It's actually my sister." She smiled big.

"Looks like you're taking really good care of her." She handed me the bag.

"Thanks." I smiled before jogging to ny car. I turned on the music and drove home.

*Brookes POV*
I heard Cal run up the stairs. He was fast. I opened my door and walked in. "Here. I think this is everything you'll need." He smiled and handed me the bag.

"Thanks Cal." He walked out and I looked through the bag. Yes! Everything I need. Starbursts are a need, okay? And peanut butter M&Ms? Shoot. I can't have those. I'll give them back later. I went and took another shower, just washing my body this time, got out, used the products he got, took some medication, and went downstairs to lay on the couch. Luke was awake this time.

"Hey B, how you feeling?" He asked rubbing my back. I shrugged.

"Luke, leave her alone. You know she doesn't feel good." Calum said coming into the room with a mixing bowl full of cereal. Jesus. A mixing bowl? Really? I thought.

"What's wrong with her?" Asked Luke worridly.

"She got her period this morning Luke." Calum said, sitting down on the end of the couch. I gave him a wide eyed "shut up" type look.

"Oh. Sorry." Luke apologized.

"It's fine. Cal went to the store." I said, annoyed. I was curled up on a ball squeezing my eyes shut and hugging my legs to my chest trying to make my cramps go away. It wasn't working. I just want to not feel bad. I don't ask for a lot in life. Where is Peaches, EJ's cat, to purr my worries away? I heard Cal get up from the other end of the couch and go put his bowl in the sink. Tears brimmed my eyes and slowly ran down my nose. Luke got up and went to go shower, Cal was still in the kitchen. I wiped my nose off with my shirt and sniffed. Calum walked back into the room and crouched down. He knew I was crying now. I lifted my head so he could sit down on the couch and I laid my head on his lap. I continued to cry and put his hand on my back. I wanted my mom.

"When is Mikey gonna be h-home?" I sniffed into his lap.

"Soon... Soon." He said softly. He picked up his phone and dialed Mikeys numbers. Calum told him how I didn't feel good and Mikey asked to talk to me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Brookie. How you doing?" He sounded sympathetic.

"Terrible." I said softly. "When are you going to come home?"

"Soon, okay? I'll be there soon. I promise. Calums there with you right?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay. We're almost done. I'll see you soon alright? I love you."

"I love you too." I said and hung up. Over the next couple hours, I just layed next to Cal with him rubbing my back. EJ texted me asked if I was going to stop by. I told him that I was sick and I didn't feel very well. He kindly accepted and said he would see me when I felt better. We were sitting in the livingroom watching a movie when Luke started coming back downstairs.

"Luke! Bring me the Starbursts on my bed!" I yelled.

"Okay!" Then I heard him open up the washing machine and put something in it. I think it was my sheets. Well there goes the plan of them not having to see it. He ran down the stairs giggling in his weird high pitch voice, I knew he was trying to make me laugh. He held up the M&Ms and I told him he could have them.

"Do you not like them?" Asked Luke as he popped a couple in his mouth.

"Actually, I can't eat them. There is cinnamon in them and I'm allergic to cinnamon." I explained.

"I knew it! It's gone from our cabinet. Michael threw it out because you were allergic! I'm a genius!" He shouted throwing his hands in the air in celebration. Calum and I gave each other a look. I layed there missing my mom, it left me falling asleep on Cal's lap.