Chapter 15

*Calums POV*
"So, I guess what we're trying to ask is, can Brooke go on tour with us?" Mikey asked hopefully.

"No. She can't. It would cause to much craze with the fans, and she could just get in the way of your performing. There also isn't the spare room or budget for another person in your travel party." Our manager said firmly. How could they say no? We couldn't just leave her here!

"She needs us!" I said angrily. "And we need her!"

"She's going through a hard time and we can't have her stay with someone else." Luke argued.

"I'm sorry. No is my final suggestion." He stood up and walked out of the room. "Maybe on a future, longer tour." Mikey dropped his head in his hands, frustrated.

We stormed out to our car. "Drive to EJ's. Maybe we can talk to his parents to see if she can stay there. How can we go for two months? Maybe we need to cancel this whole thing." I said worriedly.. They can't do this.

"I just got her back. I can't leave her again." Mikey sighed and looked out the window,

"Maybe we can take time out of sight seeing to knock down the tour a bit." Suggested Ashton. We pulled up in EJ's driveway. In the front yard under the big tree, EJ was reading out loud to Brooke. He was leaning up against the big tree and Brookes head was on his thighs..

"Hey guys!" She smiled as we all got out of the. As. She smiled.

"Hey lady and gent." Ashton smiled. "You guys can stay out here. We have to go talk to EJ's parents." Before the door shut, we heard EJ yell "I DIDN'T DO IT!" I heard Brooke laugh loudly. At least EJ could make her smile.

-

"So, we were wondering if maybe she could stay with you for a little while? We are cutting back the tour so it's only a month. Luke's girlfriend is willing to stay with her for half that time if you need. Short of cancelling the whole thing, we are out of options." Mikey explained to EJ's parents.

"Could we discuss it tonight, then call you tomorrow?" EJ's mother, Rosa replied. She looked at her husband, he nodded in agreement.

"That'd be great." I smiled at them. We followed Rosa and Matt out of the house to see EJ still reading to Brooke. We walked out onto the porch but they didn't know we were there.

"I almost don't want to interrupt them." Rosa was smiling at the two of them.

"Watch this. Hey Brooke! We have your phone!" Ashton yelled, expecting to interrupt them,

"You literally don't, it's lying on my stomach." She sassed back. Ashton grumbled in his failed attempt. We walked out to the car and Brooke said goodbye to everyone. She got her book, hugged EJ, and ran out to the car. Just to tease her, Ashton locked the doors and started driving away really slow. She walked by the side of it yelling at us. I unlocked the door and was greeted by a punch in the shoulder, even though I was nice enough to unlock the door for her.

"Hey, that was almost like the time you two first met!" Luke laughed from beside me.

"Oh, shut up Luke!" She sassed as she slammed the door shut behind her,

-

*Brookes POV*
I was speechless. Two months? They were going to leave me here for two months?

"We are cutting back the time that we are there is it's only one month." Michael said, his hand on mine. I was sad, angry, appalled. I didn't know what to think. I couldn't get any words out due to the lump in my throat. I tried to swallow it away, but it hurt. I stood up and walked upstairs. They let me. I slammed my door shut and a shook my head in disgust. I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. I heard my door open. It was Calum.

"Where's Mikey? Was he so excited to leave for tour he decided to go right now?" I knew I was being mean, but Calum wouldn't judge me for my anger.

"He wants to be alone right now. Trust me B, he's upset." He replied sitting on my bed next to me.

"Oh, he's upset! Hah!" I laughed harshly. "Why aren't I allowed to go?"

"Our manager, won't allow it. Financial problem, practical problems. A lot of last minute changes would need to be made." Suddenly, any remaining sadness faded away and anger replaced it. I stood up.

"Well, fire him! He can do this, he can't just take you from me! You are mine, not his! You- He- I just- Agh!" I screamed, feeling myself start to breathe quickly. I layed on my bed with my face in my pillow.

"Hey, take a breath. We're going to figure it out. Either way, you will be taken care of. No way you're going to be left alone, okay? I simply won't allow it." Calum's hand lightly patted my back.

"We are going to figure it out." He repeated.

"Can you leave? I just want to be alone right now." I turned my head so he didn't have to try to decipher my mumbles into the pillow.

These boys were my family. I didn't have anyone else. They kept me from spiralling into my grief and anger. If they left, who knows what would happen?