Chapter 16

This was it. They were leaving. We were in the car driving to the airport. It was 5 A.M. and I was cuddled up against Mikey, his arms around me making me feel secure. The radio played softly in the background as Ashton and Calum chatted softly up front. Luke was behind us with Paige, she would give me a ride home. I would stay with her for a couple weeks then go to EJ's. They parked the car and we all got out. I held Mikey hand as we walked into the airport. Their flight left in about forty-five minutes and they still had to get through security. We walked up as far as I could go.

This was it.

A month.

I clung my arms around Mikeys back, my arm awkward around his backpack, pulling him as close as possible as I felt my eyes tear up.

"Don't cry, I'll call you every night." He kissed my head and I nodded. I let go and went over to Calum. He quickly wrapped his arms around me quickly and tightly. He stood up with his arms clutched around my waist so my feet were dangling hugging me.

"It will go by quickly." He mumbled. "Call me anytime you need or want." I highly doubted it would go quickly. He set me down and I turned to Ash. He had to bend down a little bit because of how tall he was.

"This might be fun for you, keep an open mind," He told me quietly, squeezing me tightly. I let go of him and went to Luke. He was hugging Paige, who was somehow still beautiful while crying. I waited for him to let go of her but instead he just pulled me in next to her.

"My two girls. Take care of each other okay?" We both nodded. I walk back over to Mikey, Luke and Paige had started kissing.

"Guys, let's go." The security guard said. The tears had slipped and all of the boys started walking to security. Paige walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her back and turned my head to watch them take off their shoes to go through the detectors. They turned back to give one last wave when they got through the metal detectors.

"I love you!" I shouted at the top my lungs. They turned back and they all shouted that they loved me back.

Then, they disappeared into the airport. Paige and I held hands as we walked out of the airport. When we got into the car, and I could tell she was trying not to break down infront of me. "I don't really want to stay with EJ and his parents." I admitted. I felt that I could really trust her and open up to her, so I did.

"Why not?" She asked softly, not turning on the car so we could talk. "I thought you liked EJ? And his family?"

"I do, it's just... I don't want to leave my house to stay at theirs."

"How about this, when I stay with you, we'll stay at your house." She said, turning on the car to drive out of the airport. "Does that sound alright?"

"Okay."

-

After our depressing, tiring drive through the early morning, we arrived at EJs house. I dragged my bag from the car, waved to Paige, and slowly walked up to the porch. I knocked on the unlocked screen door, then entered. "Brooke?" Rosa appeared from the kitchen.

"Yeah, hi. Sorry it's so early. I'm just gonna go up to EJs room. I'm kinda tired. I was up really early to drop them off." I said quietly.

"Oh, I'm sure you're really tired then." She gave me a sympathetic look. "Are you doing alright, sweetie? I'm always here if you need to talk. I am a professional mo-" I slammed into her, forgoing my bag onto the floor. A small broken sound came from me as I felt her arms wrap around me, one petting my hair. "Oh, honey." I tried to cry quietly as she rocked us back and forth. She didn't hug me the same way my mom used to, and my cries started to come louder, my breaths coming more rapidly. "Take a breath." I took a slow breath and felt my hysterical cries slow. I took a final sniff and pulled my head off her shoulder. She gave me a sad smile. "You can come to me any time. Can I get you anything before you go rest?" I wiped my face and shook my head. "We made up the guest room for you."