Chapter 6

I had been here for about 6 weeks now. Nothing major has happened. The boys have been going to the studio a lot more now than when I had first arrived, which I don't mind too much. They deserve to be excited about the music they make and create success.

The boys are good too. They learned to ignore all of my trauma that inevitably comes with car accidents and losing your parents. Every night. Every. Night. I would wake up with a shrill shriek from nightmares. For the first few nights, all the boys ran in my room out of fear and shock. That slowly faded, they got used to the nightly interruption. While I know I'm preventing everyone from relaxing nights, Michael and Ashton don't care. Ashton knew that Michael would end up sitting with me, but he came in just to make sure I was okay. He also calms me down. I don't know what he does, but he can calm me down better than Mikey. Maybe it's our friendship. I feel as though he is slowly becoming the person Dean used to be for me. Though I trusted Ashton just as much as I trusted Michael, Michael was my constant. Mikey lays with me and holds my hand until I fall asleep each night. My gruesome nightmares are lessening, although I may just be used to them now.

I think I trust Ashton a little more than the rest of the boys. Not that I don't trust them, I do. A lot. It's just that Ashton knows me a little deeper than the rest. I know we are the same, on some level, with feeling like an outcast, even if that is not a reality. If I have a problem, Michael will always be my first choice, but Ashton has become just as consistent.

-

That night I had been feeling really sad. Maybe more emotional and upset. I was laying on the loveseat while the boys played PlayStation. My feet were draped over Ashton and he was lazily sprawled out. The other three sat forward, completely focused on the game.

Mikey pulled out his phone and it looked like he was texting someone. I got up and went to my bathroom upstairs. I cleaned up my room a bit as well, straightening the picture of my parents on my nightstand. When I came back out all the boys were heading out of the house quietly. They got in the car and backed out of the driveway.

Did they forgot about me? They forgot to tell me they were leaving.

Tears welled in my eyes. Should I call them? Or should I leave the house too, in order guilt them when they came back? I couldn't believe it. They forgot me here after I have been with them for more than a month. Angrily, I went up to my room, pulled on a windbreaker jacket, my slip on shoes, and a hat. I grabbed my phone and purse, walking out of my house. I put in the garage code to shut the garage, and walked down the street.

I walked the mile into town. I knew my way around here pretty well. One time, we drove past this little cozy looking bookstore on the corner of a little strip mall and I've been wishing to go there ever since. No one really went to this part of town because it was old and run down. I thought it gave the buildings a spooky type of character, I loved the old parts of any town and thought they were beautiful, more lived in and loved.

It took me about twenty minutes to reach the little shop. As I was about two blocks away, they grey clouds finally betrayed me. It started to downpour. I ran into the store, water dripping from my soaking jacket. A boy stood behind the counter and he looked about my age. He was cute. A quick look around the shop showed was empty, except the clerk and the sleepy orange cat lounging in his bed in the windowsill. It had rows of books lining the walls and some chairs with tabels. It was very cozy, smelling like glue and incense. It seemed like my kind of place.

The guy jumped up on the counter to sit down and swung his legs over the top so he was facing me.

"Hey." he smiled.

"Hi." I said, giving a quick smile. I could feel the quiet rain soothing my previous hurt of my brother forgetting me at home. I knew this had to do with my experiences of Michael moving overseas for the band, my parents dying. My soul felt abandoned. I was watched as I walked over to the books. I looked through the Young Adult section, then walked back out to the front