Chapter 20

Louis POV

What felt like a million years, was actually only about 3 hours. I slowly started moving my arms and legs, but I still couldn't manage to break this sleep thing all together. I heard voices talking around me.

"We are almost there. When we get there you will teach him the rules."

"Yes master."

"Make sure he knows them well. I'm leaving you in charge of him when I'm not around."

"Of course master."

"Good."

"Master, I think he's awaking."

My eyes slowly began opening. It was still dark, but I could see just a bit of color around me. I groaned a little bit and tried re-positioning myself, but there was a body beside me. Actually two, one on each side. "I believe you're right," a voice said. It sounded like Simon. I opened my eyes just a bit more, letting out a few more 'ermm' sounds. I could see three blurry figures hovering around me. Two of them were servants I had no interest in what so ever, and the third was Simon. Eventually all three of them came into clear view. "Looks like sleepy decided to join us again," one of the servants said. I didn't comment on that, I was still trying to fully wake up.

Simon had a grin plastered across his face. I'm not exactly sure why but it scared me. "W-where am I?" I asked in a groggy tone. I heard one if the servants make an 'awe' sound. What am I a lost puppy? I'm not being cute. "We are still in the car Louis. You woke up early," Simon said. He said 'early' like he's surprised. Luckily, I don't think he's gonna do that again. "We are pulling up master," the driver said. 'Pulling up', meaning we are pretty much at are destination. We pulled onto a dirt road, and not long after a huge grand palace was in view. At least 8 stories high, flooding with vampires from all around. Servant guards stood at the gates waiting for are vehicle so they could open them. I'm not sure if this place should worry me or excite me. I looked out the window at the scenery. "Welcome home Louis," Simon said. He must've noticed my eternal gaze at how everything was laid out so perfectly. I didn't respond though.

We pulled up to a drive in, making the car come to a stop. I couldn't help but let a gasp escape my lips. This place doesn't look the same as it did nearly 300 years ago. It's much larger, and not as private. I didn't get the chance to see this before considering me and Mason were dragged here with bags covering are heads. I made a decision, this worries me, actually, it terrifies me. The thing that terrified me the most was when we actually had to get out of the car. I wasn't ready for that yet.

"C'mon little vamp," one of the servants said. He grabbed me, and pulled me with him out of the car. Again, I wasn't ready. It startled me. I must've dropped my sunglasses somewhere in the backseat, because I'm not wearing them and I can't see very well. I guess you could say one of the servants helped me find my way. I still don't trust anybody here.

I was getting many weird looks as we made are way inside and down the hallway. I was standing in a column of three. The two servant men were on each side of me and Simon walked In front of us with some new servants beside him. Damn I swear you can't go anywhere in this place without a servant walking as your shadow. Guess I don't really mind it as much as I should. I'm more focused on the behavioural aspect.

As we reached the grand palace room Simon made his way to his 'seat'. I would say throne, but he's not my fucking king. I guess I'll have to pretend though, considering everyone here calls him master. Doesn't that get old I wonder? 'Yes master'. 'Of course master'. 'Anything you say master'. 'Kill me master'. I would think It did get old. Wonder what happens when you call him god.