Desayuno

The next morning @ 9:10 a.m.

Myah was still asleep in the confined hospital bed as Jess laid back slumped in the chair eating a bagel she got from the Cafeteria.  Diego was out in the hallway with his mother talking lowly so they wouldn't wake Myah up.

"Mom, she doesn't want me," Diego said as his mother listened, "I'm literally trying to hard.  She told me last night she's single."

"Hunny," Candy said resting her hand on Diego's shoulder, "you're grown now.  You shouldn't be out doing irresponsible things if you're looking to settle down.  You're only 21, you have your entire life ahead of you."

"But mom i want this girl," Diego said as his eyes started to swell up with tears.

"Diego, I've raised you well.  Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love Myah even though i've met her once.  She's a beautiful girl, but you're 21.  Your career is just now going somewhere, in a few months from now you're going to want a different-," she started before getting interrupted.

"You're not listening to me! I want Myah. I'm a hunna percent sure about this girl.  I just need help."

His mother stood there looking into his eyes deciding on what to do.  She wanted what was best for her son, but at the same time she wanted him completely happy.

"Look, i'll help you even though i doubt the relationship will truly last.  It's been a few months and do you see where we're at? Yes you're a fucking idiot for lying for what-2 months? But she's kinda loco."

"Mom i don't fucking care I just want her back," Diego snapped getting aggravated. 

"You have to give her time.  Don't be too pushy, give her some space, but at the same time make her feel known and wanted. You can't let this incident throw you off on your path to success."

"I know mom, I'll still do my shows, but not far from L.A for a few weeks.  My manager is going to reschedule them."

"Good," Candy lightly smiled before looking down at her watch, "it's a little past 9, you hungry?"

"I was actually going to run out to dunkin' donuts, it's Myah's favorite place to go for breakfast.  Want anything?"

"Um. A bagel.  Doesn't matter what kind," Candy said as Diego walked into the room as she followed behind.  Diego grabbed his wallet and phone shoving it into his pocket as he looked at Jess, "Want anything from dunkin' donuts? And whenever Myah wakes up, if she does, tell her i'll be back ASAP." he whispered.

"Chocolate covered donut please and got it," she smiled back before waving at Diego watching him leave.

—————

Diego hopped in his car as he started driving to the nearest dunkin' donuts café.  He got there in about 15 minutes making his way up to the counter ordering the food, "2 Caramel Coffees, chocolate covered donut, 3 everyrhing bagel's with cream cheese, and 3 orange juices... also, strawberry covered donut."

The man smiled taking his order as Diego sat down at a booth near the register.  There wasn't many people in there so he got the food fairly quickly.  He rushed out of the shop setting everything up in the car as he messaged his mom.

Diego: She up?

Candy: Not yet

Diego smiled as he started driving towards the hospital again.

20 mins later..

"Hello," Diego whispered opening up the door with a bunch of food in his hands.