News to Candy

"Babe," Myah warmly smiled placing her finger on his lips, "It's okay.  I love you... when you love somebody you do crazy things.. I know.  And i'm in love with you too.  A whole lot.. but we have to go see your mom it's already very late," Myah laughed before placing small a peck on his lips.   

"Okay love," Diego smiled before they got out of his car and towards the large complex building a few feet away, "so are we going to tell her once we talk in?"  

"I'm not sure.. i'll tell you whenever," she let out a sigh as they entered the modern styled room toward the elevator to Candy's apartment which was on the third floor.

"It's going to be hard for me to hold it in," Diego laughed as they got inside the elevator pressing the number '3' on the pad.

"Yeah yeah.  But this time you seriously better keep your mouth shut."

"Yes ma'am," he faintly smiled just before the buzz went off and the door opened, "I wonder what she's making for dinner," he included randomly.

"You're so fat," she laughed walking towards Candy's door with Diego at her hip. 

"That's mean babe," he said before knocking softly, "you gotta be nice to me."

"I don't have to," Myah said rolling her eyes just before the door opened revealing Diego's dad.

She realized she has never met his father.

"Dad! It's been forever!" Diego cheered before bringing his dad into a bear hug, "I missed you."

"Missed you too son."

Myah stood awkwardly in the doorframe before hearing Candy's voice coming towards them.

"Sorry hun I'm coming, i'm slow," she said coming up beside Diego's dad, "Oh Myah you're here! Hi baby."

Myah faintly waved looking down at the ground as Diego and his father distanced themselves with one another.

She felt all eyes on her as the tension grew between the four.

"Come on Myah, Diego has told me so much about you.  Glad to finally meet you," Candy's husband said stepping aside to let Myah into the kitchen.

(guys idk his dad's name v sorry)

"It's felt like years," Candy said, "Are you doing any better since last time I seen you?"

The hospital.

"Oh yeah much better," Myah lied looking over at Diego remembering the argument they had not long ago.

"That's great.  Here come in the living room.  He's going to finish cooking dinner," Candy nodded as Diego's dead walked over towards the stove, "Were having tacos."

"Yess," Diego laughed taking Myah's hand in his as they walk into his living room, his mom following close behind. 

He sat down onto the couch with Myah close to his side.  She rested her head into his shoulder as she watched that appeared to be Family Guy across the screen.

"Love this show," she laughed looking over at Candy who appeared to be more interested in the both of them.

"Me too hun.  So tell me guys, what made you guys come over so late?  I wish I would have known sooner so I could clean up a bit."

"Mom no it's okay," Diego shook his head fixing his hair, "it's just been awhile and we both wanted to see you.  It was Myah's idea actually."

"Oh really?" Candy smiled, "I'm glad it was.  You know I really love you, Myah.  Always will.  You're so good to Diego and I only hear so many good things about you."