little soon to be family

"D-do you Myah?" he asked again looking down at her face that appeared to be lost, "do you love me?"

She was hesitant for a minute as she looked anywhere but at his face. She didn't want to see the pain that was written across his face.

Of course she loved him. More than she loved anybody, but she felt as if she couldn't deal with their problems anymore.

She was slowly giving up.

"I-I," she began dropping her arms that were just resting on his shoulders, "I love you so much."

A weight seemed to be lifted off of his shoulders as a small smile started to form across his face.

"I love you a lot Myah.  P-please don't give up," he whispered the last part resting his forehead against hers.  He slowly ran his hand up her body stopping as he reached her small growing tummy.

"I'm going to be a dad," he laughed grazing his fingers along her skin making goosebumps rise, "i'm going to be the best daddy—OH! I have to call my mom!"

"D-Diego," Myah stuttered watching Diego look around the room frantically looking for his phone.

"Yeah babe?"

"I-I d-don't think s-she should find o-out like this," Myah stuttered feeling a little embarrassed for an odd reason, "We have to find out from the doctors first."

He had a blank expression on his face before coming up with a better idea.

"Yes! We should like head to her apartment and give the exciting news.  We need to buy a ca—," he began before Myah cut him off.  He seemed overly excited.

"No.. l-like I don't think I'm ready for people to k-know.  Nobody does."

"Oh," Diego frowned crossing his arms against his chest before walking over towards the couch sitting down again.

Myah followed in his lead as she laid back against the couch, her hand running up and down his back. Silence filled the room as thoughts consumed their head. 

"Myah," Diego broke out turning his head to face her, "A-are we still t-together?"

"C-can we not talk about that.. please?" she questioned looking up to meet his eyes, "I-I don't know yet.."

Diego let out a loud sigh before leaning back against the pillows covering his face with his palms.

"This sucks," he mumbled, "when will you know?"

"S-stop asking.  Please."

"Alright," Diego said uncovering his face again refusing to look at Myah.  He was absolutely devastated but he knew he had to go about this the right way if he ever planned on getting her back.

"Well.  I'm going to call a local pregnancy center here in LA to schedule you an appointment.  Stay here," Diego said removing himself from the couch grabbing the house phone that was on the coffee table.

"How do you know a place already?"

"I don't. I'm going to google the finest one around."