Ancient History

Diego sat there in shock as he stayed quiet for a few seconds.  He didn't understand or know what to say to her.  He didn't know what questions to ask; he didn't realize how broken this girl was.

He took a deep breath before grabbing her hand, "w-what..do you mean?" he asked slowly.

"It doesn't matter," Myah mumbled, "if you knew you'd think i'm some nasty freak and leave me," she finished as tears started to emerge from her eyes and stream down her delicate cheeks.

"I would never baby," Diego said leaning his head against hers.

"It's just a lot," she stated, "shit nobody really knows about but the court and family."

"I understand.. you don't have to tell me. But i want to know, i'm here for you."

Myah took in a deep breath before looking up to his gaze, "it's just.. my family has lots of problems. You know about my mother and my piece of shit father..i definitely don't want to be anywhere near them."

"I know," he said soothly.

"And m-my brother, he well um.. touched places he wasn't suppose to on my body and one of my older sisters. My parents and other siblings knew, e-even the ones he didn't touch. I had to testify in court at the age of 9..I barely knew anything in life, nor did i know it was wrong of him for doing so. It hurts knowing i put my own brother behind bars..but he's out now."

Diego's face become angry at the actions that her brother did to her, but he knew he had to stay calm for his girl.

"He should still be in prison, baby he hurt you & your family knew."

"I know Diego, I don't want to be anywhere near him, but i hate that i'm the reason why he went to prison."

"He should be there still.  He shouldn't be able to walk this fucking earth," Diego said as his breathing started to get rapid.

"Babe it's fine,  but you know now.. it's just history now.  Can we only spend the holidays with your family?"

"Yea," he started, "does your family other than your parents know about your times in the hospital since you came to L.A?" Diego asked softly knowing how sensitive she is to the topic.

"Probably not.. i don't care."

Diego leaned down kissing her forehead as his fingers held onto her tightly. She rested her head on his shoulder as she started to cry into him.  He wrapped his big arm around her shoulders holding her close to him as they sat there totally interlocked with each other.

Myah's doorbell rang causing her head to snap.  She looked over at Diego as he got up.

"I'll get it baby.  We can finish talking about this later," he smiled before leaning down wiping her tears away with his thumbs as he pecked her lips softly.

Diego got up to answer the door.

"Hello," the voice echoed through Myah's apartment as her eyes stared to water.

—————

i know this is super short but i'll write another shortly . i been super busy lately  ! not edited !