Thanksgiving

8:02 a.m. Thanksgiving morning

"Baby," Myah said as she shook Diego up from his sleep, "Come on its thanksgiving!"

Diego groaned turning away from Myah as he put the blankets over his head. She rolled his eyes at him before getting on top of him forcing him to wake up.

"Diego," she moaned as she started tugging the blankets away from his face revealing his sleepless posture.

"I'm tired," he said as he turned laying on his back as his hands rested on Myah's hips.  She looked down at him as she folded her arms telling him to get up.

Diego groaned, "Ugh," before sitting up in the bed Myah still sitting in his lap.

An instant smile soon replaced the agony of him wanting to be left alone when Myah wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered before leaning in pecking her lips softly.

Myah tugged at his hair lightly before trailing her hands down his body, "baby you need a hair cut."

Diego laughed looking up at Myah as she sat above him.

"You gonna cut it?"

"I can today before we head to Redlands."

Diego smiled wide leaning in kissing Myah's lips more passionately than last time.  She wrapped her legs around his waist as he pulled her closer to him.

"Baby," he said breaking the kiss, "I have to change your gauze pads again.  The doctor contact me last night after you feel asleep stating that the stitches may come out sooner than later, considering if we've been using the medicine properly.  Not only that, he's angry that you haven't been attending your therapy sessions."

Myah's face soon turned into annoyance when the doctor claimed she hasn't been going to therapy.  That was true.

"I don't need it,"

"Baby-," Diego started getting cut off by Myah.

"I don't care.  I'll call the doctor after you change my bandages. I'll discuss it with him."

"Alright," Diego said, "Then New York doctors don't fuck around, we have to listen to them."

Myah rolled her eyes walking towards her bathroom on the opposite side of her room, "you coming?" she questioned at Diego as he stood up following in her lead.

"You know the show that i performed a few days ago with Steven?"

"Yea why?" Myah asked pulling down her gauze and wraps as her gaze soon snapped towards Diego.

"I met up with some other really cool artists while meeting the fans. I also met a few radio broadcasters that would like me do an interview with them."

"That's great babe," Myah smiled leaning her head against Diego's chest.

Myah boosted herself up on the sink as Diego started to peel the bandages away from her wrists and thighs applying the medication to the areas. He wrapped her up in some new gauze smiling up at her as he finished.

"There you are princess," he kissed her forehead before putting away all the materials.

————
30 mins later..

"Alright, thank you. Bye doctor," Myah hung up the phone looking over at Diego as they sat on her small cushioned couch.

"What did he say?" Diego asked tracing circles on her knee.

"He said he will try to talk to other doctors to see what they can do. He said that when he gets the results he will call us and my doctors and therapists here. It will take 3-4 days."

"So until then you have to go to therapy?"

"I'm not," Myah giggled, "they're fucked if they think i'm actually going."

Diego rolled his eyes leaning his head against her shoulders.

———————

1:33 p.m.

"Come on Myah we're going to be late," Diego yelled from the bottom of the staircase waiting on Myah to finish getting ready.

"Hold on babe lemme take a selfie real quick."

Diego laughed to himself as he waited for Myah.

"Okay i'm coming," Myah laughed as Diego looked up watching her come down from the steps.

45.2k Likes & 665 Comments
Caption: Meeting w @/XANXIETY & his lovely family for this holiday. ❤️

@/XANXIETY commented: I love you princess
@/CANDY commented: can't wait to see you again💕

"Gorgeous," Diego laughed pulling Myah into a tight hug, "just be careful, those tight shorts on your stitches."

"I know baby," Myah smiled as they left her apartment and towards Redlands.

an hour & 20 mins later..

"Traffic was shit," Diego laughed embracing his mother into a tight hug as Myah shook his father's hand.

"You're looking great," Candy said as she turned towards Myah holding her by the shoulders as she looked up and down her body, "so much healthier and happier."

"How's your legs?  Still going numb?" Myah asked concerned hugging her.

"Yea, it seems to be as if it's getting worse.  But let's not focus on the negative, I'm happy to have you and Diego here," Candy said as she walked towards the kitchen as we followed along.

Myah walked towards the fridge, "drinks," she asked turning to look at Diego and his parents.

"I'd like some wine please," Diego's mother winked before looking at the boys.

"I want a Dr. Pepper," Diego said.

"Me too," said his father.

Myah smiled pulling out their drinks along with hers setting it on the table.

"Would you like a wine glass?" Myah asked watching Candy as she brought the food onto the table.

"Yes dear thank you. They're in that cupboard," she smiled as Myah reached for the glass.

Myah sat down beside Diego as his parents sat opposite of them.  The night went smoothly as expected. His parents mainly talked about how he was as a little youngster, and what was so special about him.  They told jokes and laughed along with Myah as if she was already a part of the family.

"I wasn't too sure about you a few days ago, but i'm so happy that Diego has chose you to be his girlfriend," his mother smirked causing Myah to blush.

The night continued on.  It was now 8:00 p.m. and the family was gathered outside around a fire.  Myah sat with Diego on a small chair.  She was placed in his lap with a blanket covering the both of them. 

His parents sat opposite of them holding hands and talking about how they met, their first date, etc.  Myah absolutely loved and enjoyed every second of their stories.

The sky was filled with the beautiful night stars and the moon seemed to gleam along with them. Diego whispered sweet nothings in her ear as they sat along the fire.

—————-
not edited ! i feel as if they chapter sucked but it's ok