Chapter 50

{Chris's POV} 

I was in the kitchen packing Celaena and Mandy's lunches when the girls came into the kitchen, I sat their lunch bags on the table I made myself another cup of coffee I noticed Celaena was making toast. 

"Celaena you should eat more than just toast for breakfast." 

"I'm not feeling well I have been up all night in the bathroom." 

"Why didn't you wake me or your mother up?" I asked. 

"I didn't want to bother you or mom, so I just dealt with it." Celaena said. 

"Celaena go back to bed you're not going to school today." 

Celaena left the kitchen I unpacked her lunch and placed it in the fridge I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. 

"Mandy, would you like me to drive you to school?" I asked. 

"I'll be fine walking to school." Mandy said. 

"It's cold outside." 

"I'll accept your offer and let you drive me to school I was going to text my mother and ask her, but I don't think she's aloud to drive me anywhere." 

When I was finished eating, I washed up my dishes and left the kitchen I grabbed my winter jacket and put it on I put on my beanie Mandy and I left the house we climbed into my SUV, I put the key in the ignition and started the engine and let the SUV warm up I drove away. When I arrived at the school I parked in front of the school and killed the engine I spotted Kevin walking towards the SUV, I unlocked the backseat door for him Kevin climbed into the backseat. 

"Uncle Chris where's Celaena?" Kevin asked. 

"She's homesick." I replied. 

"When you go home can you tell Celaena that I will stop by after school to see her and so we can work on our English and History project." 

"I'll tell her if she's awake when I get home." 

"Uncle Chris instead of you coming to get Mandy from school I'll drop her off since I'm coming over to work on our group projects with Celaena." Kevin replied. 

"That never did make sense when I was in school, and I had to do a project for two different classes." I said. 

"Sadly, both projects are due on the same day." Mandy explained. 

When the school doors opened Mandy and Kevin climbed out of the SUV, I started the engine and drove away when I arrived home I parked in front of the house and killed the engine I climbed out of the SUV and walked up to the house. I opened the storm door and unlocked the inside door I walked inside the house and locked the door behind me I took off my beanie I took off my winter jacket and hung it up. I walked upstairs and walked down the hall I looked in Celaena's room she was sound sleep I walked back up the hall and walked into mine and Luna's room she was lying in bed I kicked off my combat boots and climbed into bed with her Luna snuggled up beside me. 

"I kept Celaena home from school today." 

"I know she told me." 

"Kevin is bringing Mandy home after school because he's coming here to work on a group project with Celaena and Mandy for their English and History class." I explained. 

"They should focus on one project at a time." Luna said. 

"They can't my graveyard baby both projects are due on the same day." 

I kissed Luna's forehead and climbed out of bed I put my combat boots back on I left the bedroom and walked down the hall I walked into Celaena's room and checked on her she was awake.