Chapter 27

{Halloween, Luna's POV} 

When I woke up Chris was still sound asleep, I got up out of bed and walked into Celaena's room I checked on her she was still sound asleep I quietly left her room and walked downstairs I walked into the kitchen Gaia was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee. 

"Is Chris awake?" 

"No, he's still asleep." 

I made myself a cup of coffee and made myself a bowl of cereal I joined Gaia at the table when I was finished eating, I washed up my dishes and sat back down at the table. 

"How was your date last night with Chris?" Gaia asked. 

"It was really nice we had a good time on our date last night. How was Celaena last night?" I asked. 

"Celaena was fine last night I didn't have any trouble she did get a little fussy when I was rocking her to sleep but I followed you and Chris's advice and she calmed down and went to sleep." 

"Thank you, Gaia, for watching Celaena for Chris and me last night." 

"Your more than welcome Luna." She said. 

"Gaia would you like to go out tonight with me, Chris, and Celaena?" I asked. 

"I would love to go out with you, Chris and Celaena." 

Chris came into the kitchen he grabbed a cup of coffee and joined Gaia and me at the table I got up from the table and refilled mine and Gaia's coffee mugs and sat back down at the table. 

"Happy Birthday beautiful." Chris said. 

"Thanks babe." I said. 

"What would you like to do for your birthday?" 

"Babe you know I never do anything for my birthday." 

"I'm planning to change that because I want you to have a really memorable birthday since all of your past birthdays were crappy." He replied. 

"You're up to something my love." I said with a smile. 

Chris kissed my cheek and left the kitchen I just shook my head and drank my coffee with Gaia, Chris came back into the kitchen with a huge gift bag that read Happy Birthday he sat the bag in front of me and sat back down at the table. 

"Promise me when you open your birthday gifts, please promise me that you won't kill me or ask me if I lost my mind." Chris said. 

"I promise babe." I replied. 

I opened the gift bag and took out a shoe box from Hot Topic I opened the shoe box it was a pair of The Nightmare Before Christmas combat boots I took out another shoe box and opened the shoe box it was a pair of New Rock boots that are similar to the ones that Chris wears sometimes when he's performing, I put the lid back on the shoe box. I reached into the bottom of the bag and pulled out two books it was books two and three to the series A Court Of Thrones And Roses by Sarah J. Maas I looked at Chris and smiled I leaned over and kissed him. 

"Babe I can't believe you bought me a pair of expensive boots for my birthday.  

"I remember how you always said you wanted a pair similar to the pair that I have." 

"I love you babe." I said. 

"I love you, too." Chris replied. 

"Gaia do you like to read?" 

"Yeah, I like to read. Why?" 

"Would you like to see my private reading room." 

Gaia and I left the kitchen and walked upstairs I led Gaia to my private reading room we walked into the room I closed the door behind us and placed my new books on my coffin shaped shelf and sat down on the Victorian style couch.