Chapter 7: Cool Down

"You have such tiny hands!!" Calum started laughing when he tried to teach me how to play the Bass.

"STOP REMINDING ME!" I pushed his shoulder, "GOD."

Calum and I were in the studio room since he's been teaching me how to play bass.

Honestly, being with Calum for the last few days has been nothing but interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm still holding my guard up after what happened, and I'm still curious on his sudden drop of our friendship but I've been doing a lot of thinking.

Here's my conclusion:

I just want everyone to be happy. Lani being with the guys who obviously adore her, and Calum wanting to spend time with me after so long of being apart. I just want everyone to have a great summer. I can't afford to hurt someone unintentionally, or make anyone sad. Lani is so happy that I'm around again so I don't want to bring her down with my Calum problems, and the guys already have a lot to deal with the recording and song writing. If I just keep bringing up what happened in the past then that would just cause too much problems for everyone. I have to put my curiosity aside for this summer which I don't really mind, but it'll still linger on the back of my head.

After a few frustrating hours of Calum laughing at my tiny fingers and me attempting to strum a cord terribly, I finally got the hang of it.

"Wow!" Calum smiled, "You learn really fast!"

"Seriously?" I gasped, and looked at with wide eyes, and he nodded, "I think you can play a full song now."

"FINALLY." I groaned, and started strumming his bass, "Took forever!"

"No way," Calum shook his head at me as he was grabbing for a guitar, "You learned a lot faster than I did."

"Are you just saying that?"

Calum looked at me, and chuckled, "Caught me."

"JERK." I took his beanie, and put it on, "You're not worthy of this beanie."

His jaw dropped, "After long hours of teaching you bass, this is what I get as a thank you?!"

"After you commenting and laughing on the fact I'm small, this is exactly what you get." I stick out my tongue at him that made him smile at me, "Fair enough."

Later, Calum taught me some songs that we could play together, and honestly, I was enjoying my time with him. Everything was fine and dandy till I heard my phone ringing.

When I checked who it was, I sighed, seeing Gabe's name appear.

"You should answer it." Calum told me, "Don't want him to get upset again."

"What?" I looked at him, and Calum rolled his eyes, obviously getting annoyed, "It's not like you yelling at the phone wasn't exactly subtle."

"You heard that?"

"It was clear as day."

"Damn it." I mumbled, "I'm not answering him." I put my phone at my back pocket.

"But-" Calum wanted to try to convince me that I'm making a mistake but I shook my head, "No, I don't want to talk to him right now."

Okay, here's what happened.

Gabe and I have been fighting for the last couple of days which is stupid because we shouldn't even be fighting in the first place since we're on a break, but he thinks otherwise.

During breakfast, Gabe decided to pick a fight with me after what happened last night. Lani, and the guys wanted me to watch a movie with them so I had to quickly call Gabe since I promised him that I would call but it was really short, and he wanted to talk to me since he had a bad day. I told him that I was busy and we'll talk in the morning, and I ended up hanging up on him before he could answer.