Chapter 11.5: Cough it Out

“Triston,” I groaned as I paced back and forth in the living room as Lani and the guys were gone for a bit, “I said No!”

“Come on,” Triston whined, “One party! You didn’t come the party I invited you and your friend!”

“Her name is Lani, and I said no! I don’t even know you so I don’t know why you keep pestering me about this.”

“Cause I want to spend some time with you.”

“And the perfect way to do that is at party when there’s a bunch of drinking and crazy happenings.” I said sarcastically which amused Triston as he started laughing.

“You’re such a joy, Jenna.” Triston chuckled, “That’s why I want to bring you to a party! To see what you’re like!”

“Hi Jenna!” I heard Lani hollered as she opened the door, “We’re back and I got you boba!”

“Uh, gotta go.” I told Triston, and he quickly replied, “Gonna think about my offer?”

“Don’t count on it.” I hung up on him, and see Lani and the guys walking inside.

“Who were you talking to, Red?” Calum asked me and I just walked towards the kitchen, getting my Boba from Lani and set my phone on the counter table, “Triston. He keeps inviting me and Lani to a party.”

“Why me?” Lani asked while Luke just grabbed her around her waist, “I’M GOING THAT PARTY TOO.”

“Chill out, love boy,” I rolled my eyes, “I told him no. I’m not much of a party girl.”

“But he’s been bugging you about it for days.” Lani said then slapped Luke’s hand, “Let go, Hemmings! I’m not gonna go. I barely know the guy.”

Luke then put his arm around her shoulder, “But I don’t wanna loose you.” and kissed her forehead.

“Get a room.” Calum and I said in unison, then looked at each other since that was pretty weird.

“How cute.” Lani smiled, “Saying things at the same time.”

“It’s not cute.” We said in unison again, then looked at each other again, “STOP IT.”

“Oh my god,” I groaned, “Stop copying me, Cheeks.”

“You can’t stop the connection between us.” Calum nudged me, and I rolled my eyes, “A stupid one.”

Lani started coughing on her boba drink when I said that and Luke started laughing, “Woah, that’s weird.”

“What’s weird?” I asked him.

“Lani said the same thing when I said we have a connection.”

“You are hanging out with me too much, Jenna.” Lani pointed at me once she stopped coughing, “Waaay too much.”

“Well, you two are cousins,” Ashton put his arm around my shoulder, “It’s a family thing to be sassy.”

“Oh shut up.” Lani and I said at the same time which made everyone start laughing.

My phone started vibrating and when I checked what it was, it was a text from Triston saying, “How about date?”

“WHAT.” I gasped and looked at Lani who gave me a weird look and asked, “What happened?”

“He just asked me out on a date.” I told her and that’s when Calum started coughing, and gasped, “SERIOUSLY?”

“That guy can’t wait, huh?” Michael grinned at me, and Calum yet again said, “SERIOUSLY?!”