Chapter 14: Amusement

“Crap,” Calum groaned as he came out of the car and took off his jacket, “I am so sorry. I had to sneak out of the house without Lani and the guys hearing me and the car starting. You must be freezing!”

I stood up, and just ran up to him to immediately hug him around the waist. You have no idea how much joy I feel right now when I laid eyes on Calum. Even though we had a rough timing in the past, Calum never fails of being the most dependent guy I could ever ask for.

“Woah,” I heard him chuckle at my sudden action, “I see you missed me.”

I snuggled my face into his chest, and whispered, “You have no idea.”

That’s when Calum put his jacket around my shoulders, and started hugging me back.

“Are you okay?” He whispered close to my ear, “Did he hurt you? Did he make you sad?”

“No,” I sighed as I let go and held on to his jacket, “Just disappointed.”

“Welp,” Calum put his arm around me as he guided me to the car, “Let’s turn that disappointment to amusement.”

“Sounds great.” I smiled at him, and went inside the car.

Calum started driving off, and he told me that he’ll take me somewhere that would feel nostalgic.

“Am I gonna cry?” I asked him, and Calum started laughing at me, “Oh Jenna, just sit back and relax, okay? I promise you that I would save your night and I’m keeping it.”

“Whatever you say.” I just gave up on finding out where we’re going. I laid back on the car seat and relaxed as music was playing on the radio.

“So,” Calum said after a few minutes of silence, “Would you like to explain what happened or prefer to talk about it later?”

I looked out the window, and sighed, “Prefer later. It’s been exhausting.”

“That bad?”

“It’s pretty bad.”

“Well, you can tell me anytime, okay? You should really tell Lani too. She could help, you know.”

I shrugged, “When the time is right.”

“That’s true. Just tell one of us when you’re.”

“Thank you,” I looked at him, “For letting me take my time. Most guys would just force me to let it out.”

Calum took a quick glance at me, and grinned, “Just as a friendly reminder, I’m not like most guys.”

“Ain’t that the truth.” I laughed out which made him laugh with me.

After a few minutes later, I closed my eyes, letting myself drift into a nice nap.

Or at least I thought it would be.

“Jenna,” Gabe said to me, “This will never work.”

“What?” I asked, “What-”

“There’s someone out there better.” Gabe put his hand on my shoulder, “Someone who would actually keep entertained."

“You’re such a douche, Gabe!” I pushed his hand and Gabe started laughing, “At least I’m different, unlike you.”

“What is wrong with you?!” I cried out to him but then Triston walked next to him, grinning at me, “There’s nothing wrong with him, Jenna. It’s all you.”

“YOU BARELY KNOW ME.” I yelled at him with a sharp voice, and Triston started laughing at me, “I could tell by just looking at you that you’re average! YOU’RE NOTHING LIKE LANI.”