Chapter 32: See You Later

“Have all your things?” I heard Lani asked me as she opened the door, and I was sitting on my bed for the last time, trying to comprehend that I’m leaving today.

“Yeah,” I nodded slowly, “Yeah, I do.”

“Okay, just come out when you’re ready.”

I heard the door closed and I just laid back down, looking up in the ceiling.

“I don’t want to leave..” I sighed, and I felt my eyes kind of burning, “I really don’t want to leave.”

Memories of being here keeps rewinding in my head. This was one hell of a trip, and it’s over. I’m back in Chicago with my average life. I don’t want this. I want my life to have craziness, last minute plans, late night drives, beach days, bass lessons, soccer games, abnormal amount of pizza and burgers, and so on. Just thinking about a life without the guys and Lani breaks my heart. It’s being dramatic, but my life was so hectic with these guys around that it’s gonna drive me nuts how boring life is gonna be back home.

I blinked and a tear fell down my eye.

I wiped it off, sniffling, “Jesus..”

Then I heard a knock on the door, and I said out to the person after wiping my eye, “Come in!”

“Hey..” I looked at who it was and it was Luke, peeping, “May I come in?”

I nodded, and he walked inside cautiously and closed my door. Luke sat next to me, and sighed, “Sad, isn’t it?”

“Leaving? It sucks.” I groaned, and asked him, “Did you and Lani felt like this when you two parted ways?”

“The never ending pain and sadness taking over your body?” Luke nodded, and did a big sigh, “Yeah, it sucks.”

“Can you guys somehow come to the airport with me?”

“I wish, Jenna,” Luke put his arm around my shoulder, “I really do wish, but we have to head out soon.”

I dropped my head, feeling even more sad. It sucks that Calum can’t come with me to the airport cause of their stupid schedule. If only they skipped out on one thing, but that would be too much to ask for.

“Hey,” Luke pulled me, “Come on, at least on the positive, you and Calum are official.”

I couldn’t help but smile, “Yeah, that’s true.”

“And the fact you know how to play the bass guitar now.”

“That’s another true point.”

“And you can dominate on the football field now.”

“It’s adding on.”

“And-”

“Hemmings,” I covered his mouth, smiling, “I get it.”

He took my hand off to show that he’s smiling, saying, “And I see you’re now feeling better.”

“What am I gonna do without you?” I rested my head on his chest, “You’re like a brother I never had.”

Luke wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug, saying, “I’ll always be here for you, Jenna.”

“I know you will, and I thank you for that.”

After that, Luke got my stuff and put it downstairs. As I walking down the hallway, I come by Calum’s room. Since it’s my last day, I decided to spontaneously grab the door knob, and open it.

What happened next gave me reasons why I should not act out of whim.

My eyes first saw a pant-less Calum and I immediately shut my door, and slid down from it, covering my face. My heart began to beat so fast, and my face was burning. Jesus, the moment you realize that a guy haves better legs than you. It sucks.