Chapter 15: Blessing

“You two are so busted.” Luke chuckled as Calum and I are sitting down on the coach, and Lani and the guys were in front of us, ready to ask questions.

“Shush,” Lani nudged Luke, and sighed, “Look, I’m not mad, just curious. What happened last night, Jenna?”

Calum was about to answer, but Lani pointed at him and still had her eyes on me, “Calum, I asked Jenna.”

I took a deep breathe, and said, “The date didn’t turn out so well, and had Calum to pick me up.”

“How come you didn’t ask any of us?” Lani asked me, and Michael chuckled, “LAAANI. Don’t you get it? Jenna wanted alone time with Calum! Duuuh.”

“I mean,” Ashton put his arm around her shoulder, “That’s what we did for you and Luke.”

Lani started messaging her temples, mumbling, “I get it,” then crossed her arms, “But seriously, how come you didn’t tell me what’s going?”

“I didn’t want you to get upset, okay?” I explained, “The date was bad, and Calum was the best person I could think of that could get me away from there.”

“And really just wanted some alone time with him.” Michael added, and Ashton nodded, “Don’t deny.”

“Maybe..” I said in a low voice, looking away from Calum who was smiling at me, obviously happy with what I said. I’m not gonna deny it, some alone time with Calum was definitely something I needed.

So, I woke up, smiling because for once, I had my time with Calum and I’m getting nowhere near of getting over him. What’s the point at this time? He took me out to what I call the best date I ever had and probably save me from disaster. How can I not like this guy?

“That doesn’t excuse you from explaining why you never told us what happened.” Lani said with a serious look. I guess I really made her worried that I never called or texted her.

When I was about to explain to Lani, Calum spoke up out of nowhere saying, “Lani, even I don’t know what happened to Jenna. Cut her some slack, and wait till she’s ready to explain what happened. All I know what happened at the date was that it wasn’t pleasant at all. Jenna will tell us what happened when she’s ready.”

My heart dropped hearing this while the guys and Lani fell speechless. I looked at Calum who had his eyes wide and I can tell that he was getting pissed off. So, I put my hand on top of his, hoping it’ll calm him down a bit. Calum immediately shot his head around to look at me, and I just gave him a small smile.

“It’s not that I’m forcing her to explain what happened. I’m trying to say that I’m supposed to be responsible for her and I had to lie to her parents since Jenna never called or texted her mom last night.” Lani explained.

Shit. I froze and felt a rush of paranoia all over my body. I never checked my phone after calling Calum, and throughout the night, I completely forgot about calling or texting them. Damn it. I had one job and I screwed it up.

I stood up and asked Lani, “What did they say? When did they call? Fuck...” I groaned and ran my hands through my hair, “I’m so screwed.”

“Chill,” Lani went up to me, and hugged me, “They called this morning and I told them that I took you to the movies and you forgot your phone back at the house.”

“Did they really believe that?”

“Yeah, they did. I mean, that calmed them down a bit but they’re still kind of mad.” Lani let me go, and sighed, “You should really call them. I’m sorry if I sounded pushy to you but it didn’t feel good lying to your parent, you know. Especially since I had no idea where you were and what was going on.”

I nodded, “I get it. I understand. I’m so sorry. Last night was just-”

“Bad, I get it.” Lani chuckled, and patted my shoulder, “But next time, call me after Cal-Pal over there saves your butt so I know that you’re safe and sound.”

I smiled at her, “Yeah, I will, don’t worry. I’m sorry about the trouble, Mama.”

“It’s okay,” She giggled and realized on what called her by rolling her eyes, “Guys, would guys please stop calling me that? It’s getting weird!”

“It’s funny!” Ashton put his arm around her, “You’re like a mother.”

“And you’re the dad father of the band so does that make us married?” Lani raised her eyebrows at him, and Ashton nodded, “Definitely, honey.”

“Oh no you don’t!” Luke pulled Lani away from Ashton and started hugging her as if she’s a teddy bear, “MINE.”

We all started laughing at Luke’s sudden action, and Lani just started hugging him back saying, “Don’t worry, I love you, Hemmings.”

After the conversation with Lani and the guys, I went straight to my phone which I left on the counter table last night, and saw a lot of text and calls from my parents. Oh god. I’m so screwed.

I called my mom, and she answered within a hear beat, yelling, “JENNA MARIA ELLE ROSE. WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!”

“Maaa,” I groaned, and apologized, “I’m sorry, okay? I had a long night and got caught with everything.”

“I get that, Jenna, but you made me worried! I thought you were kidnapped or something.”

“Oh goodness, mom.” I chuckled, “I’m fine. I know I got you worried, I’m sorry. I promise it won’t happen ever again.”

“You bet it won’t cause if it does, I’m taking you out of that house and bringing you here with your father and me, you got it young lady?”

“Yes, yes, mom.” I accepted the punishment, “I got it.”

“Okay, good.” My mother said with a softer voice, “You go visit your father at the restaurant. He’s worried about you and would prefer to see you.”

Oh god. The restaurant. Triston. God Dammit. “Okay, I’ll go.” I sighed and said to her, “I’ll talk to you later, mom. I love you.”

“Love you too, Jenna.”

After we hung up, I ran upstairs and put my phone on the charger since it’s almost about to die. As I walked out, and about to head downstairs, I heard a door being opened, and heard my name beign called, “Jenna.”

I turned around and see Calum creeping out of his room like a child. I can't but to smile and say, “What’s up?’

“Uh..” Calum walked out of his room and leaned against the wall on his side, “Are you and your mom, okay?”

I nodded, and walked up to him, “We’re fine, but uh, I have to go to the restaurant to visit my dad and apologize to him face to face.”

“Oh,” Calum nodded, “That’s cool.”

“Not really.” I sighed, “I’m going to see Triston there and honestly, he’s the last person I want to see.”

“Shit,” Calum huffed out, and put his hand on my shoulder, “I’m really sorry about last night. He’s a total dick, you know. Him and Gabe.”

“Funny,” I cracked a sarcastic smile, “You said Gabe really liked me and things will get better between me and him.”

Calum eyes widened, put his head down and started rubbing the back of his neck, “I’m so sorry I said those things. I probably sounded so stupid to you back at that time.”

“No,” I shook my head, and put my head on his chest which made me close to his face, “You were just being supportive as always.”

Calum let out a small chuckle which made my heart flutter, “You’re too kind to me, Jenna.”

I shrugged, “It’s a curse.”

“No,” Calum smiled at me, wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a warm tight hug, “It’s a blessing in disguise.”

“Woah,” I chuckled, “That was deep.”

“I know, never knew I had it it in me.”

We both started laughing, and let go of each other sadly. Calum patted my shoulder, “Well, you should really head to the restaurant. Don’t want your dad to get even more worried.”

“That’s true.” I nodded, and sighed, “Wish me luck.”

“Good luck, Red.”

Later that day, I headed to the restaurant with Lani since I didn’t want to face Triston alone. Ironic because I bet Lani is the person he really wants to see. I mean, who knew he had a crush on her? Typical, can’t believe I didn’t see that coming.

“So, are you gonna tell me why I have to come along with you, Jenna?” Lani asked me as we were walking closer to the restaurant. I should really tell that Triston had a thing for her, but I think that can wait. I should really fix one problem at a time because there’s way too many things going on right now.

“Can a family member support another?” I nudged Lani and I just saw her crack a smile with the signature eye roll, “Can one man hug another man from the behind?”

We both started cracking up when she said that because we instantly thought about the guys. It’s too funny, how can you not laugh at that?

“But really,” Lani said when she finally stopped laughing, “what’s up with you after last night?”

“I’ll explain later, okay?” I try to assure her, “I promise that I’ll explain once everything is fixed.”

“Okay,” Lani nodded, “I trust you.”

“Thank you.” I hugged her arm, and took a deep breathe. We’re finally in front of the restaurant. Ah, Jesus. What am I gonna do?

------------------------------------------------------------------

eh, it's okay. kind of had a long week. heh. my cousin stayed over my house for the past week, and i let her use my laptop while she still haves the freedom of using a laptop by herself for once since she shares one with her brother. i know. i'm so caring. jk xD hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

love you all!