Chapter 33.5: Break up

"I still can't believe your boyfriend is Calum." Alyssa jumped next to me as we were hanging out at my house, watching some movies as a celebration of the last day of summer.

I am back in Chicago, and the rest of summer has been uneventful as always. Ukulele, boba, tv, sleep, repeat, but sometimes, soccer is added on the routine. Turns out, my dad used to play soccer also so he would help me get better and was really happy that I got into it. He wanted me to try soccer before but he thought I wouldn't be interested in it since I was mostly into music in school, so he never pushed me to go into soccer but here I am, active and getting better at it.

"Yeah," I took a handful of popcorn, "I can't believe it either."

"Is he a good cuddler?"

I nodded fast, "Definitely."

"Good kisser?"

"Now that's confidential." I zipped my lips as Alyssa whined, "JENNA! Such a tease."

"Proud of it."

As we were watching the movie, I noticed that Alyssa hasn't brought up Anthony yet.

"How are you and Anthony doing?" I asked her to check if they're okay and she took a sip of her mango juice, then said, "We're good."

"Just wondering," I shrugged, "You haven't brought him up in a while."

"Eh, we're kind of busy right now, but we're still good."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"Last week, actually." Alyssa took some popcorn out of the bowl, "We went out to the mall, and hung out."

"Oh," I nodded, "That's good that you guys are going good."

"Enough about us!" Alyssa jumped, "Tell me more about Calum!"

I sighed, and chuckled at her excitement, "Ask away, curious one."

Before I knew it, summer was already over and I was back to hell or what we call High School. Everyone looked the same, acted the same, and hung out with the same people. A few couples broke up that I noticed, which is sad cause a few pairs were my favorite. I was a bit scared of going back to school because I had no idea who were gonna be in my classes but luckily, I have Alyssa in my homeroom, math class, civics and choir period. That's enough classes to help me survive the school year. I also signed up for the soccer team in my local area so I can get ready for girl's soccer season which is soon.

"Who knew Jenna could kick butt at soccer?" My friend, Amanda who is also on the girls soccer team, chuckled, "Cause I've seen you play at the soccer field, and you're quick!"

"Thanks," I smiled at her, "I did some training during the summer."

"Whoever was your trainer must have the magic touch cause you're really good out there. I hope you make it in the varsity team!"

"Hope so also." I nodded, and I felt Alyssa nudge me, saying, "Calum had a magic touch on you, huh?"

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes at her as she started laughing at me.

After school, Alyssa wanted me to walk with her down the school parking lot to walk to her car since she didn't want to be alone.

"Oh yeah," I walked with her, "Let me walk by myself when you leave me."

"Jenna!" She held onto my arm, whining out, "I'll leave once your ride is here, okay?"

"Sounds good." I smiled, and then, I saw her boyfriend, Anthony, with his friends, and they were playing with a soccer ball.