Chapter 26: Change

The next day, I haven't seen Calum all morning long because he and the guys went out to do some business stuff or at least, that's what Lani told me, and they were getting even more busy due to the fact they have to leave LA soon also.

"They're leaving in a few weeks." Lani said to me when I asked when are they leaving, "So, don't worry, you'll still have time to talk to Calum later."

"Thank god," I sighed as I leaned back on the high chair, "When are you leaving?"

"A few days after you, I think. I'm not sure." Lani answered as she took another bite of her banana, and once she finished, she said, "Are you nervous? You know, talking to him."

I shrugged, "I mean, there's so many things to say and very little time. I feel like it won't be enough to make things right."

"Hey," she pointed at me, "Don't say that. Look, just because there was a huge mess up between you two before doesn't mean it haves to happen again. Things are different, remember that."

"That's true." I agreed as I took a deep breathe, and let out, "I just wish I could stay by his side more often like you with Luke. I bet it's awesome that you get to work your boyfriend."

She shrugged, "It's fun, but now that I'm part of their staff, we can't be all lovey dovey with each other anymore and I rarely see him when we work. Only when I see him on stage, and even after their performance, I have to help with the instruments and all that so by the time I'm done, it's already late."

"Woah," I never realized how busy Lani gets when she's working with them.

She nodded, and chuckled a little, "It's a busy lifestyle. Imagine if you're the actually performer doing all that work. I give the guys props for still being themselves, and not let stress get to them."

"Are you still planning on working with them later?"

"Well," she rested her head on the palm of her hand, "To be honest, once college starts, I'm planning to take a break from all this photography stuff and focus on studying."

"Seriously?!" I exclaimed, and she nodded, "Yeah. Life is already hectic when I work for them, so I need to focus on trying to graduate first then become reckless and have fun."

We both started laughing, and I asked her, "What about you and Luke?"

"He knows my plans, and he understands why but we're both worried about communication and all that."

"But you're still going to be together?"

Lani smiled really wide and nodded, "I asked the same thing, and he said to me that even though we might not be together all the time like we used to, doesn't mean that we have to stop loving each other."

Okay, if these two ever break up, I'm gonna loose it. "You guys are too cute!" I gushed over it, "Stop!"

"What?!" Lani started laughing, "It's true. You and Calum will be the same, you know."

"Yeah right!" I scoffed, "If we can't even be friends of long distance, how are we gonna be couple of long distance?"

"You never know, back then, Calum might have some reasons why it happened and those reasons now don't matter anymore since you two had some time apart. Stop dwelling on what happened long time ago, Jenna!" she patted my shoulder, "I promise you that it won't happen again, and you two will be just fine."

"Promise is a big word."

"And it's worth saying it."

I formed a big smile on my face, and looked at Lani, "You know, I'm going to miss you the most though. Spending time with you felt like old times, and I wish we lived closer to each other again."