TWENTY-SEVEN

Your POV

"You have wings?"

I laugh as I duck away from Yura's outstretched hands that reach to caress my fragile feathers. "Yes, I went through the Changing not too long ago today."

She collapses heavily onto her bed and scoops up a steaming cup of coffee that had been placed there prior to my entrance into her home. Her eyes suddenly turn serious and she pats the space on the bed next to her, motioning for me to join her. "What was the situation?" She inquires once I finish struggling to fold my wings away and take a seat next to her.

"Oh, right," I lower my eyes to the space on the fluffy comforter between us. The memories come spilling back into my mind, angrily pulsating at having been locked away for a period of time. "Jungkook was about to be killed or seriously injured, and that apparently sparked up the transformation."

"Ah, so you know." Yura nods and lifts the Styrofoam cup to her lips, taking a long sip and scrutinizing my expression carefully over the rim.

"Know what?" I have an idea of what she means, but I want to be sure before I say anything.

"That he joined Hell's fight club," she nods to me. "He's been a member for about two or three years now. I swear that I wanted to tell you, but I didn't have the heart to risk worrying you."

I dismiss her disguised apology with a lazy wave of my hand. "He'll learn eventually."

She falls silent, her eyes adopting a playful light as they search mine. Based purely on my past knowledge of her personality, I can't say that I'm surprised when a small giggle emits from her throat. "I'm sorry," she apologizes profusely through fits of laughter when my face contorts into perplexity. "It's just that he was just beaten up pretty badly and all you can say is 'he'll learn eventually'."

I crack a smile, but it soon fades as she continues. "You're really falling hard for him, aren't you?"

What the hell?

"Wait, what? No!" I scowl at her, doing my best to maintain a straight face while mixed emotions war for dominance in my soul. After he had unknowingly confessed to me, he had abandoned me with the shattered pieces of his heart that he did not expect me to stoop to pick up. I carried the mindset of desiring to restore the shards of his broken and damaged heart back into its true form, but my brain constantly explodes with urges to get me to allow the pieces to fall back to the ground and forget them completely as it constantly reminds me of how terribly he had treated me. But my emotions continue to ward off my brain's desperate attacks, clinging to the faith that there is even the smallest sliver of light that resonates within him.

But I'm not about to admit it to Yura.

"Think about it, pabo!" Yura teasingly pinches my arm, causing me to twist away with an even deeper frown embedded in my features. "I presume that Jungkook has already informed you of why the Changing occurs and when, so just use your brain. I earned my wings when I was defending a friend whom I secretly had feelings for in the midst of a war, and you just underwent the transformation after protecting Jungkook. You care for him, whether you accept your fate or not. The Changing doesn't make mistakes."

"Well this time it did!" I snap back. "I don't have feelings for him!" I lie blatantly through clenched teeth.

"Lies, lies, lies." Yura winks at me as she lifts the cup to her lips, taking a long sip as she scrutinizes my expression carefully over the rim. "But don't worry, he feels the exact same way." She licks at her lips as she places the cup gently onto her nightstand before turning her teasing gaze back to me.