Wise Old Man

Nara's POV

"This is stupid", I say to my reflection in the mirror. All I wanted to do was moisturize. Little dabs of rosewater, lip balm and ivory foundation to cover my dark bags was unaccounted for. There are three thin braids in my parted hair, two on the side with more volume and one on the other. The ends of the braids are red, the colour gradually blending in with the black of my hair as it reaches the roots. I should've known something was up when Sunhee was playing with my hair while I relaxed with a face mask. I spared her life when she said that I can always wash it off.There's a white beanie over my head, a grey jumper under the red bomber jacket, Black cargo pants and black and white puma shoes.

  I look stupid.  

"Wah~ Unnie, you look so pretty!"

Remind me one more time why everyone is bustling with energy at three in the morning? I throw the maknae a near sincere smile, "Aoi, princess, go back to sleep"

I swat at Sunhee's hand when she brings the liner pen closer to my eyes, "no"

"Oh, come on...."

"NO!"

Lizzy comes into the room with a pack of tissues, a pack of wet wipes and puts them in my pockets. "Did you keep everything?"

"Yes", I grumble.

"Phone? wallet? hanky? emergency pads?"

"yes"

"...money? glasses?"

"Yes"

"Hot packs?"

"YES!"

Fengh knocks lazily on the open door to get my attention and throws me my knapsack, "catch. It's got all the safety measures"

I roll my eyes as I catch it.

"...including all emergency numbers. The 24/7 anti-rape service is underlined in red"

"HEY!"

"chill, dude", she smirks, "I'm kidding"

"Well, go and kid somewhere else"

"Are you ready?", Aera comes in with a black scarf while Ayano is helping me tie my laces. She helps me wrap it around my neck, "Is he coming to pick you up?"

"...no", I mutter, "this is not a date"

"It does seem li-"

"You heard the girl", Fengh cuts in, "Now shut it"

"You're coming?", I ask when she grabs her own coat. She nods, putting it on, "Ain't no one gonna leave you alone in the freezing cold at four in the mornin'. I'll drop you off"

I smile despite the crappy mood I was in. The location was pretty far from the dorm, one whole hour by car during rush hour. With zero traffic and Fengh's expert driving skills, we arrived in exactly thirty minutes.

"Ten minutes to four", I read the clock on the dashboard.

"You sure this the place?"

"Those are sakuras, right?", I asked while pointing at the grove of dry and bare trees at the base of the hill.

"Looks like it"

"Then we're here"

Silence reigned as we stared at the empty road ahead of us, illuminated by the headlamps on Fengh's convertible. I looked out from the windows, trying to make sense of what this place was. A futile attempt because it was too dark to see anything anyways. There were only two streetlamps in working condition, one that we passed earlier and the one on our heads that was flickering like it would combust any moment. Fengh drummed her fingers on the steering wheel while I pursed my lips and exhaled through my nose. I hated darkness with a passion.