When it comes to you

Here's a peace offering before we begin:

Now. 

Does anyone remember this?

Just putting it out there that emotional attachments are no joke.

Nara's POV

Someone once said: If every person put his troubles on a table, after a minute of silence everyone would silently take back their own.

There was a blackout. Within the two minutes that it lasted, someone had put a candle in the centre of the table and lit it with a match. Seven young girls around a dining table. Anxious, scared, angry, but most of all – lost. A brief explanation and Aoi's round doll-like eyes had forgotten the definition of dry. The lights came back on. Aoi was still crying. No one moved to put out the candle. I stared at it's flickering flame. A soft breeze wafted in from the open windows, causing it to dance. At times, it would look on the verge of dying out, but would sway back to it's erect position when the wind passed.

All those talks of Bang pd telling us to rest and take frequent breaks. Was it for this moment? Because he knew what entailed to go down when one of us did?

I take in a breath and it shakes.

As unsteady as the pillars on which we built this life.

Little that we deemed our knowledge of each other, little else was revealed with the promise of full immunity.

In the days that followed was an inner battle with our conscience. Each and very member. The dorm remained still of noises that resounded within it's walls on a regular. No one jibed or teased. No TV or midnight karaoke. No one so much as held eye-contact with each other. Quick, stolen glances that spoke of hands afraid to reach out. Daily routines became tip-toes and slow running taps to avoid more noise.

The dorm became a funeral home.

Dead quiet and sombre, like the calm before a storm. Or perhaps the stillness of the battlefield, with our defeated corpses lying in wait after our secrets drained like blood.