The Jung Family

Nara's POV

Back to Korea and I am dying.

First, I had an upset stomach because I ate too much. Wait, no. That's second. First would be me finally getting my periods. Which was hell, and not just for me. The members can complain all they want about my constant whining and heightened clinginess and they can try ignoring my curled up presence under the fort of pillows but they can not feel the pain, the sheer agony that secures me top place in the list of priorities of a certain obsessive-compulsive (bordering on disorder) mama bird that hasn't seen me in 'ages'. That's what she said.
       Any other time, I would chide her for the constant invading of personal space but when your insides are twisting like someone's wringing them dry and your stomach can't even stomach soup, you start to bask in the five-star room service like you damn well earned it. I chewed whatever the hell it was she put in my mouth but I couldn't swallow it. I played around with in my mouth thinking that it would go down eventually and when it didn't, I gagged. And Lizzy Kim made me spit it out in her hand. Disgusting, I know. But in the moment all I felt was an overwhelming warmth knowing that this person right here just cares so much for me. And I always try to push her away. And that thought fills my eyes with tears. Lizzy thought I was crying because it hurt and she started to effectively stroke my back, cooing at me in four different languages.  She patted my head next and it usually helps me to sleep when someone does that but this time was different. It hurt too much to be able to sleep. It kept me up the whole of last night as well. That put together with jet lag and the overall exhaustion of the trip and one more night of sleep missed due to my insomnia put two very stubborn black smudges under my eyes. My eyeballs were streaked red and even though I gained some weight due to eating three proper meals a day, I looked dead.

I felt dead too.

The worst part was that today was Jiwoo-unnie's engagement party. A private dinner exclusively for both the groups because the woman didn't want an extravagant affair. She may have her own fashion line and a world renown idol for a brother, but hates to show off. Hates it when someone else shows off too. Which is also the reason she remained single until now but it's a touchy subject. She granted the two days break so we could be well rested before 'blowing the roof off her house', as Jieun put it. And somewhere along the excitement, I got indigestion.
..Yippee.

The main event was to be held in the afternoon with all the family friends and relatives, leaving the evening empty for more intimate celebrations. No, I'm not talking about the couple. Her fiancé is a doctor and he won't be there for the evening.  But Jiwoo-unnie has played the role of a grim reaper in Hoseok's uneventful love-life and now he finally has some leverage to use against her after years upon years of suffering. They need plenty of time to go at each other and it would be inconvenient for common public (relatives) to get caught in the crossfire. Therefore the privacy.
And that afternoon has already passed two hours ago. Lizzy stayed behind for me and Fengh stayed behind because she had too much work to catch up on. As of the moment, the latter was figuring out what to wear.
"I know you love tanks, but it's a terrace dinner, darling"

"I'm not going to catch a cold", Fengh replied, apprehensive at having to change again.

"That's what you think. But surely, sweetheart, you can't work if you're ill now can you?"

"....no"

Lizzy clapped her hands twice, "chop chop"

Fengh disappeared into the closet again, resurfacing in two minutes with a white fur coat over a red bandage dress.

"Are you the one getting engaged?"

Fengh scowled at Lizzy's remark and disappeared in to the closet again.
"Nothing flashy or too extravagant", Lizzy explained, "but not your cargo shorts either; It's a dress up party. You were born a lady - dress like one"