Fakers&Matchmakers

Nara's POV

"You're gonna be running around barefoot in the snow so keep away from ice cream until the shooting is done. I made a copy of your revised diet and sent it to Lizzy just in case. The shooting is gonna take place at the st.Monica cathedral. You have two days to go before preparations start and the approximate shooting time is eighteen hours so I suggest you focus solely on finishing your tracks for the next forty eight hours and...Nara. Are you listening?"

I was looking out the window with my chin in my palm, watching snowflakes.

"Lee Nara"

"Hmm?"

Debby sighed and closed the portfolio in her lap. "I need you to be professional here"

"I am professional"

"Okay, first of all wipe that love-struck expression from your face"

I turned around offended, "what love-struck expression?"

She rolled her eyes and muttered an exasperated 'girls' under her breath. "Never mind, dear"

She resumed briefing me on my schedule the rest of the ride. At the dorm, I picked the book from off the shelf and settled under the covers, reading till I fell asleep. It was an A.C. novel. I had already read half the book and not one murder had taken place yet. I would have to read till the end to find exactly why he gave it to me. It was boring, but it was A.C., so who knows?

I followed Debby's orders and focused solely on my mixtape for the next two days. After the meeting that followed, I called my best friend and scared her shitless.

"Hold The Fuck Up, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?"

I giggled. "A dress, Jieun. It's just a dress"

"IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING DRESS YOU RETARDED BITCH! IT'S A WEDDING DRESS FOR THE SAKE OF GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION OVER THE PHONE WHERE YOUR MARBLES AT YOU CAN'T JUST RING ME UP LIKE EVERYDAY BUSINESS AND CRASH A FUCKING TSUNAMI OVER MY HEAD WHEN I-", I think she choked.

"Jieun?"

I was met with the sound of coughing and labored breaths.

"Jieun are you okay?"

"I'm not fucking okay, you embarrassment to womenkind. Where are you, satan's child, where are you?"

The stylist had given me the go signal when I asked if I could rope in my own choice of designers for the costume. The condition being that it had to be done in less than a week. I could count on the Jung sisters to get it done within three days. I counted on their enthusiasm and was not let down.

"NARAAAAAA...!!", Jieun raced over with her hands thrown in the air. The stylist was unfazed at the whole ordeal, not even batting an eyelash as the incoming tornado jumped a foot in the air to hug me. Jieun's whole demeanor changed when she withdrew, resolving to stare at me in an intimidating manner.

"Explain.Now."

Apparently, I needed to wear a wedding dress for the shooting. When I had asked for an explanation earlier, Debby had only folded her hands and chided me for forgetting the lyrics to my own song. Looking back at it now, what had I been thinking when I wrote that? Jieun accepted the explanation and I had no need to so much as ask anything of her. It didn't matter that it was for pure professional use and it definitely didn't matter that the dress would need to be ripped and snipped in the second half of the shooting. If I needed a wedding dress, she would be the only designer to provide it and not a million dollars would convince her otherwise. The stylist accompanied us when we left for the fitting, just to make sure the sisters didn't go overboard in their enthusiasm and ruin the screenplay.