the difference

Time slips by.

"...so. What I'm saying is, maybe I'll stay for a few days"

"Huh", said Jin.

I didn't know what kind of reaction I was expecting but that 'huh' offended me more than it should have.

"What?", I asked.

"Oh, nothing", he wiped his flour-dirty hands on a clean cloth. "Good for you", he began clearing the counter, moving around the kitchen to put everything back in it's place. "You didn't expect me to cling to you saying how much I'm going to miss you and to visit soon, did you?"

I frowned. "Uh..."

"And as you can see", he gestured around the place,"Taehyung asked me to teach him to bake. Now I have work in twenty minutes and if you're not around, he won't come to you for opening any too tight jar and said jar would not witness it's demise and we only replaced the wall tiles last month and it's not like you're getting married and moving to Atlanta so no, Namjoon. No one's going to miss you or your sorry-"

I hugged him from behind. "I'm not going away hyung"

"That's what I said", he was really putting his heart into the act. I grinned wildly. "I'll come by everyday"

He harrumphed. "Let go of me"

I stepped back. He turned around and threw the cloth at my chest. "Wipe the counter"

"Sure"

"That's not how you do it"

"But-"

"Move"

I watched him with a big goofy smile on my face. I never thought about leaving before. Come to think of it, I would miss this so damn much.

"Oh", I reached in my pocket, "I have something for you"

"Oh", he looked surprised."You really didn't need to"

"It's not a present hyung, just", I held out the card, "this"

He took it silently, turning it over. He didn't have the usual over exaggerated reaction but the way his eyes twinkled told me it was the best thing I could've gotten him.

Kim Dobong PhD. MD.
(Work Address)
debkim8@naver.com
XX-XXX-XXX

He looked up slowly. There was a sinister smile on his lips.
"So she was a psychiatrist all along?"

Debby was, infact, a psychiatrist.

.

.

"Nara must've told you about the disbandment", the woman stood with her coat on her arm.

"She did", I confirmed.

She nodded. "My work here is done"

"But won't you stay?". BTGS is disbanding. Surely, they need her around?