Finally (The Chp)

A/N

Alternative title: You're goddamn welcome

Nara's POV

I decided I liked seeing him first thing in the morning.

The first thing that registers when I'm finally awake. The first sight that meets my eyes. No more white ceilings and empty beds. No more maintaining a record of my sleep schedule. No more tossing and turning till the early hours of morning. No nightmares.

"Good morning", he smiled a dimpled smile. His hair looked damp and there was laptop on his knees, as if he was working. It looked so domestic that for a moment, I faltered. What was the possibility?

The contagiousness of his smile spread to my lips. "Good mo-orning", I croaked, then proceeded to giggle at my absurd morning voice. His smile widened as he watched me without words. He was responsible, intelligent and understanding. All of that and a whole lot more. Like the light in his eyes as he watched me giggle at myself.

'..maybe I'm looking at something that shines'

He was all I could ever want. All I never asked for. And what were the chances?

What were the odds that this could be mine?

'Do it because you did not say no'

Because I said yes.

I felt giddy.I had indeed said yes. It could be the best thing I've ever done for myself. And I thought about it. About what's next for me. I thought and thought as I finally stopped bursting with mirth and slumped back in my place, a sigh leaving my lips. The light in his eyes was a beacon of hope. I thought about how things would turn out if I turned the other way. He is perfection. Turning a blind eye to his halo could turn out to be the last stupid thing I ever do. I thought about these things and paused to wonder what he was thinking. Just sitting there with a glowing smile and watching me watch himself.

"Should I fetch Ayano?"

He knows my habits. Knows exactly what I need and when I need it.

I am an idiot.

When I took my leave, I found Ayano waiting outside my studio. She was leaning with her back on the wall, a shopping bag in one hand and coffee in the other. I paused when I saw her. Our eyes met and I allowed myself to scoff, punching in the code to unlock the door.
"What took you so long?", I jibed.

There was a smile in her voice, "You wanted me to barge in on your private moment?"

I opened the door and kept it ajar for her to come in. It clicked shut behind her and I resigned myself to turning on the lights and conditioning and just aimlessly counting my equipment, looking everywhere but at her. She seemed to get the signal and waited till I turned on the computer to make myself look busy. She placed the shopping bag on the couch.
"Lizzy sent you clothes"

I didn't respond. She stood behind me and placed the coffee beside the keyboard. I resumed aimlessly opening and closing folders at the speed of light. She put a hand on my shoulder and I stopped.

"Unnie"

I closed my eyes and inhaled. Letting out a breath, I closed all tabs and looked at her over my shoulder. She looked sad. I have never seen Ayano sad. Not even when she had the falling out with Sunhee.
"..can we not?", her voice was strained. "Please?"

I turned around completely.

"You're leaving today", I stated. Shredding the tickets meant nothing. Proof of online transaction and a .jpg of the ticket was sufficient. She shook her head. "I postponed it"