Uncle tom is ugly

Nara's POV

"Can you read this?"

"That's cantonese"

"You can, right?"

Fengh tilted her head, giving me a 'duh' look. "Of course I can"

"What does it say?", the first thing I did after driving to the company and returning RM his keys was sprinting to my studio where Fengh had told me she would be working and confronting her with the newest situation.

She crossed her arms across her chest, "...that, apparently, someone decided to take matters into their own hands and did so by an impressive act of last minute thinking..."

"Yeah, but what does it say?"

"...or maybe not, because this thing that your inner fangirl did not let you think twice before signing is ironclad. He probably had it planned and printed a long time ago just in case something like this happened. Creepy, if you ask me, but otherwise a good thing", she shrugged and allowed herself a small smile, "considering how dense you can be", she removed one hand, using it to gesture at my form.

I sighed, "are you done?"

She clicked her tongue, "See.....? Dense!"

"Are.You.Done?"

She laughed softly, "what's his name again?"

"Wang Jackson"

"Wang", she repeated thoughtfully, "I'll remember that. Maybe give him my number because, bam!", she snapped her fingers, "....checkmate"

"What checkmate?", I exclaimed furiously, throwing my hands in the air, "stop talking in riddles and just tell me what it means!"

She hummed, pinching her chin and looking around the room as if in deep thought. Then her eyes zeroed in on me, "no"

"WHAT?!"

She hissed, shutting her eyes, "...volume"

I was at a loss for words, standing in the middle of the room with my mouth opening and closing repeatedly like a fish.

"You are unbelievable, you know that?"

She only chuckled, resting her cheek on her palm. "So.....tell me how your date went"

"It was not a date", I huffed.

"That's not what you said"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you didn't exactly deny it, right?"

Yesterday right up until twelve in the night. Every single excruciating detail of my meeting was repeated, more than once, till the gossip hungry appetites of my fellow members could be satisfied. Squealing over the smallest thing to making assumptions were there was clearly nothing to be assumed. Little inklings of truth twisted and turned and beaten into resembling the conjured up fantasies of ignorant female minds. I didn't deny it, sure. But just how many times can I do that in one day? Be reasonable!

"Can you please....", I said slowly, "just tell me what it means so I can sleep peacefully at night?"

"You think knowing what it means gonna let you sleep?", she laughed. Not loud or uncontrollable but Fa Fengh........laughed. "Do us both a favour, Nara, and forget about this"

I was wasting my time here.

"And don't go asking around either", she called out as I was about to leave the room. I opened my mouth to tell her that I would do as I mighty well pleased, but she beat me to it with a stern,
"That is an order"