Chapter #12

While I was busy cursing my fate and wandering back to Draco in my thoughts, Shane Apparated almost right next to me.

"Raid night is a great night, isn't it?" he said to me as two more people entered the office.

"Don't piss me off, Shane, because I'm on the edge right now," I grumped in response as he chuckled quietly.

That guy. At least he does his job well.

"Miss Mullen, everyone has arrived," Mira informed me and I nodded.

"Alright then, quickly. Get in pairs. Shane with me," I told them in an orderly fashion. "And I want this done fast, understood?"

The other Obliviators nodded more or less eagerly. Mira told us the location and we all started Disapparating one by one.

We appeared in the middle of some huge fields of grass with less than four houses in sight. I caught a glimpse of Luna's blonde hair, well visible in the moonlight, and ran up to her.

"Hey, Luna!" I called to her to capture her attention and she slowly turned to face me. "Where are the Muggles who saw the beast?"

"Hello, Aurora," she said slowly, smiling. "There are some Muggles outside and then the families inside these houses," she explained in her usual dreamy voice, pointing at three small houses close to us.

"Alright then. Where is the beast now?"

"It has already been taken. I'm looking for..."

"Yeah, I know, if it left anything. Sorry, no time for chit-chat," I cut her off quickly and ran back to the Obliviators.

"You guys attend to the Muggles outside. Shane and I will go into the houses," I commanded and they nodded, then we all went into different directions.

"I've never seen you taking care of any case this fast. Why are you so eager to come back?" Shane asked me as we began walking towards the nearest house.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because my fiancé is at home and he's super impatient, super stubborn, super handsome and we got interrupted so I want to and have to get back to him this instant.

Or at least that was what I thought, because I told Shane instead:

"Work isn't exactly where I'd like to see myself on a Friday night, you know? Alohomora," I said the last word while pointing at the front door. Shane shrugged as we entered the house which seemed to be empty downstairs.

"Fair point. Homenum Revelio," he waved his wand and looked around. "Upstairs," he whispered and I nodded.

"Muffliato," I said to mute our steps as we made our way up.

"It looks like there are two kids in this room and parents in the other," Shane said, pointing doors in the corridor of the Muggle house. "You take care of the kids?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Why me?"

Shane chuckled.

"Well, you're close to having kids, aren't you?"

"What's wrong with all of you? I'm not pregnant, for Merlin's sake. And you take care of the kids," I grumped, walking away from him towards the parents' room.

We did finish the entire action quite quickly, but it still lasted more than an hour. That's why I couldn't help feeling shivers the moment I appeared back in our bedroom.

It was too dark for me to see anything, so I almost jumped when Draco walked up to me from behind and said in a low, raspy voice that sounded so unlike him: