Chapter #2

"Luna, can you tell me why do you magizoologists always have a problem with dragons, Cornish Pixies, Hippogriffs and what not?" I asked her as we made our way through really dense crowd that attended the festival, even though it was boiling hot out there. "We'll need almost an entire day to sort this out, all those people might have seen it!" I shouted angrily, discreetly modifying the memory of passers-by with my wand hidden under my robes. Almost everyone was wearing fancy and strange clothes since it was a festival, so nobody gave me and Luna any attention, even though she was wearing robes of light blue embroidered with hundreds of golden stars. Not to mention she had a huge matching hat.

"I think Muggles deserve to see them, too," she said in her usual dreamy voice, completely untouched by my outburst, but this wasn't anything new.

"But my team has unbelievable amounts of work to do because of this, got it? Have you even caught the person who did it?"

Luna shook her head, scanning the ground with her eyes. I sighed, knowing that scolding her any further made no sense.

"What are you doing, anyways?" I asked her, casting Memory Charms with suprising speed as she didn't even look up.

"Checking if the dragon left anything. You know, scales or horns..." she replied and I frowned, wondering how she was going to do it when there were unimaginable amounts of trash on the ground, but brushed it off and went back to my work.

As I expected, me and the other Obliviators had to spend almost the entire day sorting out the mess caused  by the dragon. I only came back to the office to send Mira home, then went straight to the Manor.

"Well, finally!" I heard Draco's voice  before I even saw him and right after I closed the main door behind me, its sound echoing in the spacious hall. "Where have you been?" he asked me as he walked up to me.

"Don't even ask, I've had a huge mess to sort out, I'm exhausted," I told him, taking off my shoes.

"Oh, my tired little princess," he cooed, walking up to me from behind and began to massage me. I relaxed for a moment and immediately felt warmer under his touch, then came to my senses.

"Hold on, hold on - princess? You never call me this, what do you want?" I turned to face him and eyed him suspiciously.

"Nothing?" he said innocently (or at least he tried). "I missed you?" he added unconvincingly, turning me around to have access to my back again. 

I felt he wasn't exactly telling me the truth, but decided to brush it off since I was too tired to argue. We walked to the living room and plopped down onto the sofa, where Draco kept on expertly massaging my back, as though he's been doing it since he was born.

Oh, how I loved Draco's sudden change of behaviour when we were alone. In the public he never showed much affection and we acted more like grumpy siblings.

"I can't wait to start rebuilding this place. Every time I step into this living room, I still can see..." I gulped and looked towards the carpet in front of the fireplace where just five years ago Hermione was tortured...

"Don't think about it," Draco cut me off at once and I could feel his hot breath on my neck, "I told you we should move from here."

"No, it's fine, once it's rebuilt, it'll all be much better. I still can't believe your parents let us live here alone, anyways."

"Are you complaining?" he asked, then kissed my neck.

"Never," I smiled to myself. "By the way, Hermione invited us to her and Ron's wedding today."

"No way, that tragedy of a guy proposed to her? I'd like to see that," Draco snorted.

"I admit that I can't imagine it, either," I laughed jeeringly, "but anyways, we have to confirm that we're coming."

"I don't feel like going. Come on, they won't even notice if we're not there," he whined.

"Merlin, but we could use some partying, we only work nowadays."

"That's why I'm massaging you, right?"

"I still think it's because you want something from me," I tilted my head so he could have better access to my neck. "Because you'd never call me princess under normal circumstances."

He stopped massaging me abruptly and I turned to face him.

"I feel offended," he said bitterly.

"You should," I laughed and he couldn't help but chuckle as well.

"Aurora," he said, forcing me to fully turn towards him.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'll need to tell you something important very soon," he said with almost an unnoticable smile, tucking a strand of my messy hair behind my ear.

"Does it have anything to do with you acting like this now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as he took care of another strand.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

I sighed, then asked him again:

"So what about that wedding?"

"We're not going, are we?" he asked almost hopefully and I groaned.

"Then I'm going by myself," I stood up, crossing my arms and then walked out of the room to the hall.

"Hey!" Draco called, darting after me. "You're not going anywhere by yourself," he said sternly, catching up with me as I started climbig the stairs. I smiled to myself triumphantly - I knew him so well.

"Then it's settled, I'll tell Hermione we're coming," I said happily as I stepped onto the first floor.

Draco, who hated being defeated like this, changed the subject immediately.

"How's that new assistant of yours?" he asked out of the blue.

"She seems alright," I told him, opening the bathroom's door. "Funnily enough, she said you were handsome," I added with a laugh, walking up to the sink and right after that I could see in the mirror how Draco's expression darkened right behind me.

"And isn't this true?" he asked, putting his head on my shoulder as I proceeded to wash my hands. "At least it's not that Shane guy," he added bitterly, stepping away from me and I rolled my eyes with a loud groan.

Draco was really jealous because of Shane, who was quite good looking and was my closest co-worker. But so what? Why would I need some Shane if I had Draco? Why couldn't he understand it, even after all that we've been through together?

He still had trust issues. After all this time. Just like with Blaise.

"He's just a co-worker, Draco, you can't make me work only with women," I said angrily, grabbing my hairbrush.

"I don't like him and I won't like him," he replied, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"Nobody tells you to," I grumped, aggresively brushing my hair. "Hate him all you wish, like it affected me in any way. It's not like you'll get him fired because he's an excellent Obliviator."

I loved teasing him as much as he loved teasing me.

"We'll see about that," he said darkly, then left the bathroom.

-
I sometimes thought Pansy's character was a bit extraggerated but now after three days at my new school I take everything back.