Chapter #19

At the weekend, I eventually took Mira, Tracey and Hermione with me and we set off to Paris by train. Luna couldn't come because of some raid, but I still had a big team.

"I'm so happy, I've never been to France before," said Mira, looking behind the train's window with excitement in her eyes.

"Me neither. You said we are going... Where, exactly?" Tracey asked me.

"We're looking for..." I took out the envelope Narcissa had given me from my bag and read aloud, "shop called 'Wedding dresses by André Mercier'. Apparently he knows Narcissa and I'll be treated better thanks to that, whatever that means."

"What a surname can do..."  Tracey shook her head in disbelief, reading the letter over my shoulder.

"Once you're Malfoy, I believe you'll be treated much better thanks to that," Hermione said from opposite me, where she was sitting with Mira.

"Yeah, especially when they'll remember Lucius as a top Death Eater," I said angrily, putting the envelope back into my bag.

"Many people still value this name, believe me," Hermione assured me.

After a nice ride, we didn't spend much time searching for the right location since - how unpredictably - Hermione had all the directons we needed. The 'shop' turned out to be aa totally fancy place with almost everything decorated in gold and scarlet. The most awesome wedding dresses I have ever seen in my life were displayed on many mannequines or hanging on (gold, of course) racks. Everything looked stunning and rich and we all stared around the shop in awe.

"We should've predicted that," I said after the first wave of shock left me. "I mean, have you ever seen what Narcissa wears? It's no surprise she'd buy her wedding dress in a place like that," I added as we walked up to what seemed like a counter, behind which an elegant, red-haired witch, who was writing something.

"Good morning, I'm here to meet Mr. Mercier," I told her and she barely looked up from her documents, then laughed.

"Oh, yes, of course, everyone always wants to meet Mr. Mercier. And what else?"

Hermione looked outraged and looked like she was about to say something, but I put my arm in front of her to stop her.

"It needs to be Slytherin style, Hermione," I whispered to her, then turned back to the woman. "I was sent here by Mrs. Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy," I repeated to make sure she understood.

"Sure, everyone says that," she said almost mockingly, not even looking up this time and I had to stop Hermione again.

I took out the envelope from my bag, then got the letter and put it right before her eyes.

"Do I have to repeat ag..." she didn't finish since she began reading the letter and her eyes widened. "Oh, that Mrs. Malfoy!" she called and stood up immediately, looking alarmed. "I'm really sorry, I didn't get the surname at first. I'll go and fetch Mr. Mercier," and she walked away briskly through the golden door behind her.

"And this is how it's done, girls," I said with a smirk, throwing the envelope into my bag. "Maybe you were right, Hermione. My life is definitely going to be much easier."

"You'd think such a luxurious place would have nice staff," Mira said sadly just as the golden door opened and a tall, blonde guy in a suit appeared behind the counter.

"Bonjour, bonjour, I was called, apparently?" he asked, then his eyes landed on me as I was standing closest to the counter. He walked around it and stood close to me, then reached out his arm to shake hands with me.

"Pleasure to meet you, madmoiselle...?"

"Aurora Mullen. Nice to meet you, Mr. Mercier. I'm Mrs. Malfoy's son's fiancée."