Chapter #1

Five years later

"Miss Mullen, this is your new assistant, Mira Eddowes," said the head of the Department of Magical Accidents and Cathastrophes, Ian Havenbrow, as he led a short, black girl wearing robes of wild yellow into my office.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mullen."

"Oh, yes," I said, raising up from my seat and walked towards the two of them, "nice to meet you, Mira," I shook her hand and she smiled widely.

"I trust she'd be great help for you, Miss Mullen," said Mr Havenbrow. "I know you have tons of paperwork and Mira already knows everything about filling all the documents in."

I clapped my hands in delight.

"The best news of the day. This paperwork has been killing me. Thank you, Mr Havenbrow."

He nodded and left the office, closing the door behind him.

"You should know I'm honoured to be working with you, Miss Mullen," Mira told me immediately. "You're known as the best Obliviator our Ministry has and I've just finished Hogwarts, I've never thought I'd get to work next to somebody like..."

"Okay, okay, I get it," I cut her off, "I know they say that. I'm glad I finally have someone to do the paperwork with me, because this takes ages. And let me guess... You're a Hufflepuff, right?" I asked and she nodded eagerly in response.

Hah, I'll recognise these people everywhere.

Mira was about to respond when someone opened the office's door without any invitation.

"Well hello."

The door opened maximally, revealing nobody else than Draco Malfoy in black robes darker than night.

"Again, you and your not-knocking thing," I sighed heavily. "What are you doing here?"

Draco closed the door behind him and crossed his arms.

"I was just walking by and... Oh, so this is your new assistant?" he noticed Mira standing in the corner of the room.

"Yes," I told him and then turned to her, "Mira, this is Draco Malfoy, who happens to be walking by this office very often," I stressed the last words with a stern look at him.

"Nice to meet you, sir," she said quickly.

"Maybe it's better that he's here now, because he'll be here many more times, Mira, so you'll just know he's not some creep, even if he acts like one sometimes," I gave Draco another stern look.

Mira was looking from me to him with wide eyes and Draco opened his mouth to argue, when someone knocked on the office's door.

"Come in!" I called and Hermione stepped inside.

"Hello, Aurora... Oh, hey, Draco," she added as she spotted him, standing with crossed arms and scowling af me. "And you must be Aurora's new assistant, right? Hermione Granger," she turned to her to shake hands with her.

"Mira Eddowes," she replied, completely bewildered.

"Of course, Granger being a know-it-all again," Draco shook his head and I glared at him. Right after that the door opened again.

"Is Hermione he... Oh, you."

It was Ron, who stopped dead the moment he saw Draco.

"Charming, Weasley," Draco snapped.

"Perfect!" I clapped my hands mockingly. "We only need Harry freaking Potter to join this party!" I raised my hands in "celebration".

"I'm here, Ronald," Hermione emerged from behind the door so he could see her. "What do you want?"