Thomas wrecks Vizanno's car.

Thomas didn't believe what he was seeing. Some players from Unity were giving interviews and when they asked Lucas who they taught was making the cut and the man stopped to think.

The boy leaned closer to the tv, it was a prerecorded interview, so some players were watching it too, Lucas wasn't, the boy looked around searching for him.

"I think that by this point everybody has their favorite, but I think Marcus has great chances." Said Lucas and Thomas frowned his head.

"Anybody else?" Asked the interviewer and Lucas just shook his head.

Thomas got up and left the room, some of the players had smirks on their faces, if Thomas wasn't feeling so angry at that particular moment he would stop and shove their pride up their asses.

The halls seemed longer and narrower as the boy passed through it, his vision a blur, the air getting cold and his heart speeding up the beat with the seconds. He didn't think he had the right to be angry, but he felt betrayed.

Lucas was sitting with an employee from the team, he was all smiles and the boy didn't even stop to see who was watching, he headed for the midfielder.

"You're an asshole!" Said the boy to the man, a little too loud. "I thought we were friends..."

"We are..." started Lucas confused, Thomas saw how the frown started to form slowly, he didn't want to listen to bullshit anymore.

"Marcus, you think Marcus is making the cut, and you could have said me, but you didn't, and everybody knows that I am doing good for this team... I also think he is making it... but I am sure that I will, and you don't and that hurts..." Thomas said, his voice failed multiple times and he felt like crying, he just stared at Lucas who could understand what was happening.

The man put his hand lightly over Thomas' shoulder and the boy shoved it away, Lucas bite his lips and did it again, this time he just felt Thomas body shake with anger. The man grabbed the boy's shoulder and guided him somewhere quieter.

"We've talked about it before." Said Lucas and Thomas shook his head.

"I thought you had to change your mind... I am doing great here, what happens outside the field won't get in the way of my success." Thomas said angrily.

"If you're using these arguments you probably haven't talked to Teddy about the topic yet, look, your the best player we had in years, I love you kid, I tried to stay away but you didn't quite let me, I don't think you'll make the cut, not because I think you're not enough, you're more than enough, but Vizanno won't let you stay," Lucas said, he didn't show any kind of regrets saying those words.

"I don't trust him, but I can't see how he would do that..." said Thomas and Lucas laughed.

"Watch the interviews of the prior years, he never gives names, he did it three times so far, with the boys he fucked. You included. None of them made the cut, he finds a way. But I don't really think we should talk about it until you talk with him and start believing me." Said Lucas.

The man turned and left, Thomas kicked the wall and leaned on it. He felt his whole body shake. The air was hot and he started to feel dizzy, he closed his eyes and tried to control his breath.

Thomas and the other boys were about to enter another club, they were excited, they always were. Thomas just wanted the players to arrive, one of them in particular.

The tryout spent an awful time thinking about his conversation with Lucas, he didn't want his friend to be right since Vizanno was helping him to master the drills, and the man was publicly rooting for the boy, but the man's point made a lot of sense.