Chapter 4

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

A group of musicians were playing jazz music on the corner of the main street. After a moment, I sticked my head out of the window of my new apartment and angrily shouted at them. It was nice to wake up to, but now it's annoying me.

"Hey! It's not Jazz Fest! Some of us have toddlers who need to sleep!" I yelled and they looked at me, startled. Hope and Shawn started to cry, and I groaned as I returned to unpacking, cleaning up, and doting on Hope and Shawn. "Ugh..."

The front door opened and my mom walked into the apartment, then looked at me with a concerned smile. She showed up earlier this morning and I was thankful. Sadly she couldn't stay for the whole week. Apparently Klaus had called her last night knowing I would need some help adjusting back to normal life. Hayley says he did it because he wants me to forgive. Jackson was out getting other things that were not food while Hayley was unpacking their room upstairs.

"You all right?" Mom asked and I sighed.

"Oh, they were having a really nice nap until that stupid music woke them up. How... How am I supposed to live with all this noise?" I asked her and she walked up to me gently after placing the groceries down. She gave me a hug which a happily returned. It calmed me down a tiny bit, but not completely.

"You're just sensitive to it, okay? We've spent six months as wolves in the Bayou. We've been back a day. I think it's okay to take a minute to adjust." Hayley explained to me as she walked down the stairs and I looked to her. Mom and I pulled out of our hug as she walked over to my kids.

"Easy for you to say! You're not half-vampire! Everything for me is heightened. It's not just the noise. I'm claustrophobic. My skin is crawling. I'm irritable. I'm hungry." Hope and Shawn started to cry again, and I sighed, overwhelmed with, well...everything. "I wanted to be with them so badly. And now I am, and I just feel off.. I need to be with Klaus, Hayley. I still hate his guts for what he did to us and the pack, don't get me wrong, but he helps calm me down. Whether it's a phone call or a hug. He calms me down for some odd reason." I explained.

"Well, you gotta let out your angry in some way, shape, or form. So, I have an idea that will help you and maybe calm you down." Hayley said and picked up her phone. I looked at her with confusion and I turned to see that my mom had calmed the kids down a bit.

"What are you doing?" I asked Hayley.

"Calling Klaus. You said he calms you down. Well, maybe he can take a little time out of his schedule to help out his wife and maybe earn her trust back. Plus, he's probably just as frustrated as you." Hayley said and I sighed.

"What about the kids?" I asked her and she just looked between me and my mother. I turned back around and looked down slightly embarrassed. "Right." I turned to see Hayley hanging up her phone.