Chapter 18

Alex's P.O.V

We were all still anxiously surrounding Freya. After a moment, Freya began to stir. "She's waking up!" Hayley said and I looked at Freya. Elijah held his hand out to his older sister. She took it and squeezed it tightly as she sat herself up on the couch.

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked and she was panting.

"I feel weak," Freya said.

"Those vampires must have stabbed her with something," Jackson said. Elijah thought about this for a moment as I kept my eyes on Freya.

"So, the Strix is fond of this slow-acting poison. There is an antidote... If I can get my hands on it." Elijah explained. He pulled out his phone and walked away to make a call, leaving us to brainstorm on Rebekah's situation. Freya reached over and took her little sister's injured wrist into her hands as she addressed us.

"For this, I'll need a pure silver knife, some white muskroot..." Freya said and I turned around to look at Jackson.

"I'll get the knife," I said to him.

"I'll track down the root," Jackson said.

"And I'll keep an eye on Freya," Hayley said. I nodded at them before turning back to Freya with a concerned expression.

"Freya, you can barely float a feather right now, let alone save the world..." I said to her. Freya, who was still panting and weak from the poison, shook her head.

"I'll channel Finn." She said. Rebekah scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, lovely! My fate rests in the hands of our black sheep of a brother that we have trapped in a necklace! I'm sure he's just leaping to help." Rebekah said. Freya sighed before turning to face Rebekah.

"Well, he's the only other powerful witch here, and you and I are out of options, sister," Freya said. She weakly stood to her feet and walked upstairs as Rebekah, Hayley, and I watched her worriedly.

~

Rebekah was sitting on the bed in her old bedroom with Hope and Shawn, who are whimpering tiredly, as I walked in to check on them. Hayley had called saying that the kids wouldn't sleep and that she could look for the knife if I came back home.

"Don't fret! I haven't gone full hellion yet." Rebekah said to me. I gave her a skeptical look, and Rebekah shrugged. "No more than usual." I walked towards her and smiled.

"Well, that's good. I wouldn't want to have to kick your ass before I got to hug you." I said to her. I reached out to Rebekah and wrapped her up in a tight hug for a long moment. After we pull away, Rebekah turned back toward the bed and picked up a beige sweater that was laying on the bed.

"You know, we need to talk about your sartorial choices. This is positively darling." She said and turned back to me, who chuckled.

"Well thank Cami then. She gave it to me after I bailed her out of jail." I squirmed nervously before I continued on. "Actually... Jackson, Hayley and I have our own place now. Although I still can't manage to stay out of Mikaelson drama. So I-" I was beginning to explain to her that I moved back in when she cut me off.

"You don't seem to mind the family drama when you need something from us, like a decent dress or a babysitter..." Rebekah said which cut me off. My smile fell, and I was hurt by this comment.

"Excuse me?"

"But when you're looking for someone to blame for your unhappiness, we seem to be the enemy." She said to me. I never said that...ever. I became flustered and struggled to process Rebekah's sudden mood swing as I gaped at her in shock.