Chapter 33

Alex's P.O.V

Outside of the Strix headquarters, several Strix guards were pacing around outside the front gate. Stefan and I were still in the trunk of Marcel's car, where I had just checked my phone and sighed.

"It's time," I said to him. I didn't really like this plan, mainly because Stefan could die from this. He was anxiously scratching at the healing wound from Rayna's sword on his shoulder when he replied.

"Hey, listen. I... know we don't really talk a lot anymore, but my life is... sort of in your hands again. So let's make this count." Stefan said and I giggled.

"Stefan," He looked at me. "I've been keeping you safe since the day you were born, trust me on this. You will come out of this alive, hero hair." I said to him. He chuckled while nodding at me. I then gave him a worried look as Stefan started to scratch the paste, Freya put over his wound, off.

~

I had just hesitantly walked into the pool room, where Davina and the other Sisters' were still performing the spell. "Newo unus animabus carnem et sanguinem de ista duo. Sanguinatum venetus barkael meh. Nemo unus animabus carnem et sanguinem de ista duo. Sanguinatum venetus barkael meh." They chanted.

I looked horrified when I saw Klaus and Elijah floating in the pool filled with their blood, but the witches all had their eyes closed and didn't immediately notice me. When one of the Strix vampires saw me, I sped towards him and snapped his neck without a moment's hesitation.

Unfortunately, his grunts of pain and the sound of him falling to the floor caught the other's attention. Marcel, looking panicked, sped over and snapped the neck of another Strix guard, and Davina looked at him with a look that said she felt extremely betrayed.

"Marcel!" Davina said and Marcel gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, D." He said and pointed to me. "We need to get them out of that water now." I nodded in agreement, but Davina looked furious as she thrust her hand towards us, just as the Sisters do the same thing.

"No!" She yelled. Marcel and I were both thrown back towards the far wall, incapacitating them long enough to return to the spell.

Marcel and I have just finished recovering from being thrown into the wall, and while Davina and the remaining Sisters were trying their best to complete the spell, it's obvious that they're terrified and unsure of what to do. Once one of them was dead, Elijah leaped out of the water and snapped the neck of one of the other Sisters while I did the same to another. Marcel leaped to his feet and pleaded with Davina.

"Davina, stop!" Marcel begged. She stood to her feet and rushed away, though she still continued chanting the spell. Davina had just thrust her hand toward Klaus as she continued the sire line unlinking spell.

"Nemo unus animabus carnem!" She chanted. Suddenly, Klaus awakened in the pool while Davina continued the spell. "Nemo unus animabus carnem!" Klaus leaped out of the water at vampire speed, but the force of Davina's spell caused him to remain frozen in the air as she growled at him.

"You've had your time!" She said to him furiously. The lights explode into a shower of sparks, and she pushes her arms down, causing Klaus to land with a large splash into the pool. Davina continued the spell as Klaus screamed in pain in the water of the pool. I went running up to him but Stefan held me back. "Nemo unus animabus carnem! Nemo unus animabus carnem!"

As she chants, both Marcel and Stefan's skin start to turn red as Davina slowly breaks the wireline link. I looked at Stefan worried and grabbed his face to see what was wrong. The link was being broken. A red vein traveled up to their neck as they screamed in agony until finally, Davina waved her arms in two concentric circles, which caused the water in the pool to shoot up in what looked like a half-dozen geysers. The force of completing the spell caused her to pass out and collapse onto the floor, and Klaus fell unconscious in the water once again.