Chapter 10

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

The streets of the French Quarter are bustling as I walked down the sidewalk and left Davina a voicemail on her phone. "Hey, Davina. It's me. I, um, am running a little late, actually, but I should be there soon." I said. Just then, I glanced over at the nearby window, I saw that a dark-haired man was standing nearby and following me slowly. I became tense, then sighed.

"On second thought, I'll be a little longer." I said. I then continued to walk down the street as I hung up my phone.

I cut down an alley full of abandoned construction equipment, on alert for the imminent danger the man posed. I made it down to the end of the alley and turned, left, around the corner. The man followed me down the alleyway. I watched as he stopped and paused, in his track, to try and sense where I went.

I kicked an empty can of paint down the alley, towards him, which he eventually stopped with his foot. He took a few more steps forward as I walked up behind him, annoyed. "You're not very good at tailing people, are you?" I asked him. The man spun around at vampire speed to face me before speeding behind me, sneering at me.

"My talents lie elsewhere." He said.

I immediately spun around to punched him in the face, but he dodged it easily, along with the kicks and punches that followed it. When I went to hit him again, he broke my arm, kicked me in the abdomen, and shoved me against the wall before grabbing my throat in a choke-hold.

I grabbed my throat and gasped for breath, and just when he thought the fight was over, I shoved my palm into his face, distracting him enough to grab his hand and bite it hard, causing him to roar in pain. I pulled away, my Hybrid eyes and fangs out, and while he cradled his bitten hand, I kicked him away from me.

~

Marcel had just met with me at St. Anne's Church, which was now a fight gym, where my stalker from earlier had been thoroughly tied to a chair with rope and was still unconscious as a result of my hybrid bite. Serves you right for sneaking up on me.

"You might remember him from that pretentious excuse for a party." I said and Marcel looked at the man for a moment.

"Shen Min. 800 years old. According to Tristan, he was a torture consultant for Genghis Khan." Marcel said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care if he's a Gemini who hell bent on killing his family, Marcel. Why was he following me?" I asked and Marcel sighed.

"I don't know."

"You don't know, or you're sworn to a code of silence?" I asked him.

"Hey! Easy. We're on the same side here." He said defensively.

"Then prove it." I said annoyed. Marcel anxiously wiped at his face with his hands while he tried to think of his next move.

~