Chapter 32

Alex's P.O.V

I had brought Lucien back to the compound, where he was frantically gulping down several blood bags to replenish himself in the courtyard while Marcel and I argued about what had happened to Klaus and Elijah in front of him.

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down! And regardless, why the hell are we trusting this guy all of a sudden, huh? He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got." Marcel said to me.

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart. Yet, the moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well... Words were said, hearts are broken, veins drained." Lucien said to us weakly. I looked at him quickly before turning back to Marcel.

"You're one to talk about trust - who was it that handed over Jackson's heart to the people that helped murder him?" I asked Marcel.

"I bought your life with that heart. But hey, you know what? You called me here, so if you have another plan? Please, let's hear it." Marcel said frustrated.

"It's simple. We storm the coven house, stop the Strix from completing the desiring spell. Period." I said.

"Okay. Well, that's easy for you to say. You're not sired by anybody anymore, are you?" Marcel said to me.

"Yeah, well I got friends and a few family members that are sired to my husband back in Mystic Falls. And last I checked I don't want them to end up dead." I snapped at him.

"It's not just about desiring... We've got to stop an execution." Lucien said to us. Marcel made a face and walked over to him with a skeptical look.

"What are you talking about?" Marcel asked him.

"A lovesick teenage witch with a runner-up's heart is somehow going to break the sire link? I'm sorry, but your darling Davina is in over her head, and Aya knows this. She will let Davina desire both brothers, then test the spell's success by firing a white oak bullet into Klaus' heart. I mean, it's win-win for her - if you live, Marcel, we'll, she's won. If not, at least she's eliminated the rival shoreline, including me." Lucien explained to us.

"His prophecy witch said she saw Klaus die and his entire shoreline burn. And I don't want Klaus dead...Anymore." I mumbled that last part. Marcel looked at us extremely worried.

"She watched us fall, she watched us burn, every soul Klaus ever turned. When Aya tests this spell, Klaus will fall either way. And, if Davina fails, as she likely will, the two of us will die as well." Lucien said to us.

"Actually... make that the three of us," Stefan said. I turned to him and sighed at everyone in the room.

"Well, little brother, it's officially." Stefan looked at me. "New Orleans has turned into the new Mystic Falls," I said to him sarcastically.

~

Stefan was looking at a blueprint of the Davilla Estate while Lucien stood over his shoulder. "We could use one of these access tunnels to slip into a back room," Stefan said to us and Lucien frowned.

"Hmm." Lucien hummed.

"What? Worried about getting a little dirt on your thousand-dollar shoes?" Stefan asked him sarcastically. I chuckled as I stood in front of them.

"Actually, I'll be doing most of the heavy lifting, since the vampires we're facing are, what? Seven times your age?" He said and looked at me. Lucien turned to Marcel, who was sitting on the staircase and had just hung up his phone, looking frustrated and unhappy. "Is this really the best help we can get?"

"You will be shocked at what I can do when it comes to protecting someone I care about," I said to Lucien as I smiled at him.

"Doesn't matter. We're not getting their bodies back. Strix from all over the world are flying in to make sure this spell goes off. They're guarding every entrance and exit." Marcel explained to us and Lucien made a face.