13: Airport

Lynn's P.O.V. 

Grayson snores next to me a thousand miles in the air. He grabbed by hand before he fell asleep so his fingers are lightly intertwined with mine as I think about the last two weeks of our honeymoon and our approaching birthdays in almost 3 weeks. 

I am ready to get off this plane and go home to sleep so I can wake up and go to the appointment so I can make sure that nothing is wrong with me. I just want to figure out already because the wait is killing me. 

Just in time, the speakers on the plane announce: "We are now in Los Angeles, California. Please stay seated until the plane lands. Thank you for flying with us today and have a wonderful night!" 

I look at my phone to check the time. The clock on my phone read 10:13 pm. We'll probably get home around 11 tonight so we can get to sleep and wake up in the morning to go to the appointment. I can't wait, God!

I feel the wheels of the plane come out as we approach the airport and we land softly. I squeeze Grayson's hand lightly and untangle my hand from his. I pat his leg a couple times to wake him up.

"Gray, we landed. Get up," I say. 

His eyes open and he stretches awkwardly, "What time is it?" 

"Quarter past 10," I answer him. 

He rubs his hands on his pants and yawns, "Did you sleep at all."

"No, I couldn't," I answer.

He looks at me about to say something but the plane stops and the speaker's boom with the same voice again: "You have landed safely at the Los Angeles International Airport. Again, thank you for flying with us and have a safe and wonderful rest of your night."

Everyone stands up at once, reaching up to grab their luggage. We didn't bring any of our luggage with us on this plane so we are gonna have to wait for our luggage at the baggage carousel. 

We walk off the plane as Grayson's arm snakes around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him, claiming me. 

We walk inside of the airport and go straight to the baggage carousel. 

(for those of you who don't know, this is what a baggage carousel is)

There is a huge crowd of people waiting for their We look for our luggage. We walk over to where we can see and wait. Grayson sees his within the first 5 minutes. He grabs his one case and sets it next to him. 

"Now we wait for your two cases," he teases. 

"Shut it, lover boy," I tease him back. I continue to look for my lavender cases, not seeing them. My feet start to ache as we continue to stand there for what feels like forever. My eyes are starting to hurt from them being so focused for so long.  I check my phone for the time and it reads 11:05

"We have been standing here for almost an hour. I thought we were going to be home by now. I'm so tired of waiting," I complain.

Grayson's arm slides off my shoulder and his hand slides into mine. People are starting to disperse but they are still a lot of people. He starts to shake his leg and he won't sit still. 

"What's wrong with you? Stop doing that, you're making me nervous," I state. 

"I can't," he says. 

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because," he says.

"You aren't my mom. Don't give 'because' as an excuse.  Why not?" I ask again. 

"I have to pee," he says. 

"Then go, Grayson," I say, "You aren't waiting for your luggage. It's mine. Go. If it comes then I'll wait here for you. If it doesn't, I'll still be here."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you here by yourself," he says. 

"What's gonna happen?" I say. 

"Someone can hit on you," he says.

"I'm happily married, Grayson, to you! Now go to the bathroom, dork. You are gonna pee yourself," I say, laughing. 

"Okay," he bends down and leaves a kiss on my forehead, "I love you. I'll be right back."

"I'll watch your luggage. I love you, too, dork" I tell him. His hand leaves mine as he heads to the bathrooms. I roll his luggage over to me and hold the handle, leaning on it a little bit. 

A minute or two passes and then I feel someone's cold hand lightly grab my wrist. I turn to look at the person and snatch my wrist away. It takes me a second to actually see who it is and comprehend that it is actually him. 

"Kyce?" my breath hitches and my hands start to sweat. I back up a little bit and reach for my phone in my back pocket.

"No, wait! I came over here to apologize!" he states, his voice much calmer than I have ever heard it. 

I don't respond as I continue to stare at him in shock. I remember his cold hands roaming my body and him drugging me, killing me and Grayson's child. I remember my ripped clothes and my basically drunken state walking around until Monica found me. 

"The last time we saw each other, I did terrible things to you. I was super abusive in our relationship and I hurt you after that once I found out you moved on because I couldn't. I know you shouldn't forgive me because I still can't forgive myself. I drugged you and I shouldn't have done what I did. I just wanted to say that I am extremely sorry," he says.

"H-how--I-I thought you were in jail- H-h-how are you--" I stutter as my vision messes up. 

"I was in jail for a month. I'm out now but I had to take a bunch of classes and see a shrink. I'm still seeing the shrink, actually. But I have slowly been getting better. I just really needed to apologize for my actions. You deserve that," he says. 

I don't say anything back to him, I'm still in shock. How did he only get a month for drugging, beating, and raping an innocent girl?

"So are you and that one Grayson guy still together?" he asks. 

I am so confused. How can he walk up to me, apologize for his terrible actions, and then act like we are best friends that haven't seen each other in the longest time?

"You need to leave," I say.

"Why?" he asks.

My vision starts to come back as I see Grayson walking back to me. Kyce's back is to Grayson so Grayson doesn't know who he is. I start to see Grayson look confused at who I'm talking to while he continues to walk over, not slowing.

Then, almost in an instant, it seems like it clicks and he starts running, getting closer and closer. And I can't seem to pull myself out of this state of being shocked. 

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

EOCP