32: In Between

Lynn's P.O.V. 

Eventually, Grayson falls back asleep in my arms. I hate the fact that I couldn't be there for him while he was going through all of that mentally but at the same time, he could have talked to me. He was the one that pushed me away, I just wish he wouldn't have. 

I stand up and walk out of the spare room. After Grayson wakes back up, we really need to go back to our own apartment.

Ethan is sitting on the couch, still. 

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I say. I sit next to him on the couch. 

"He tell you?" Ethan asks.

"Yeah," I say. 

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Not as bad as before. I'm pissed that they both did that, though. They both should have just come up to you and me or whoever and just talked about it. I think it was immature but I still feel bad because I wasn't there for either of them," I explain.

"You feel bad?" he asks.

"I don't know how to explain it. I am just really shocked. How are you feeling?" I ask

"I pissed about the whole situation. But it pisses me off more than Monica didn't want to go through with the dumb plan and Grayson begged her," he says.

"Yeah. I understand. Everything is difficult, right now," I say, "Are you and--you and Monica talked about it?" 

He makes a face, almost sad, "Yeah. She told me that she was really sorry and she wants to 'repair' our relationship and I told her that she has to build my trust up again but I forgave her and she knows that. I hope that doesn't upset you."

"No. I am going to have to talk to her about the situation anyway. I don't know what will happen with me and Monica, though. I feel most betrayed by her because she was supposed to be my best friend but she was the one that made the plan up, even though she knew Grayson and I were married. I am extremely upset by the fact that Grayson agreed to it when we are married, too. I don't know," I say.

"Yeah. What about you and Grayson?" Ethan asks.

"He told me about everything and he was crying through almost all of it. It broke my heart. I ended up forgiving him too. I could tell he was completely sorry about what happened," I say.

"I get it. This all sucks so much," he says.

"That's an understatement," he chuckles.

"Yeah," I say. The silence stretches out and we end up just sitting there in comfortable silence.

"So, has Grayson said anything about the baby," Ethan asks.

"Not much," I answer. 

"Oh," he says.

"By the way, I was wondering if you think that it would be a good idea for all of us to go out tonight for a dinner since you and Grayson didn't get your birthday dinner," I ask.

"All of us? Meaning me, Monica, you, and Grayson?" Ethan asks, his eyebrows flicking up. 

"Yeah," I say looking down.

"It might be awkward but we can try," Ethan says.

"Okay, I'll have to ask Grayson if he is willing to do it," I say. 

"And I'll ask Monica," Ethan says.

"Okay, sweet," I say. I stand up and start walking away but Ethan grabs my hand. I look down at him so he lets go of my hand.