38: Nails

Lynn's P.O.V. 

"What all did she say? Did she say anything about Ethan?" Grayson says after a while.

"She said that she was going to stop worrying about the whole plan situation and focus on trying to fixing her and Ethan, basically," I explain.

Grayson sighs.

"Did you know about that," I ask.

"About what?" Grayson asks.

"About Monica catching feelings for you," I state. 

"No, I didn't," he says and looks over at me for a couple seconds and then back to the road. 

"Oh," I say quietly. 

Silence settles in the car and Graysons hand still holds mine.

"What's wrong?" I ask Grayson.

"Ethan and I started talking about a week ago," he blurts out. 

"That's amazing, Grayson," I state.

"We both agreed that we were going to leave all of this in the past and forgive each other. We have gotten really close again and right before the appointment today for the baby, Ethan called me," he says.

"So? What did he call for?" I ask.

Grayson sighs, "He called and told me that Monica left him. She wouldn't explain why she was leaving. She took all of her things and just left. She said she wasn't coming back and Ethan is crushed but he wants to be alone for a little while." 

"Oh," I say.

"Yeah. So Monica left Ethan because she had feelings for Ethan. How am I supposed to tell Ethan that? He is going to hate me," Grayson states, "I just got my brother back."

"It will all work out, Gray," I say.

"Damn it," he says.

"I can't believe she left him. She became such a bitch recently," I say.

"Yeah. So I was going to take you out today and get your nails done," he says, trying to change the subject. 

"You don't have to do that, Gray," I say.

"But I am going to," he says.

He pulls up to the mall, almost as if on cue and parks the car. We both get out and walk inside. We walk straight to the nail place.

Grayson says that I am getting a pedicure and a manicure. 

"I have to treat my pregnant wife like a queen," he says. The ladies look at me and nod me to the chair.

"We are going to do your pedicure first, okay?" the lady says. They sit me in the chair and I take my sandals off. They have me soak my feet for a couple minutes. 

"I am going to go get some snacks while you are getting this done. I will be back before you are done," he says. He kisses the top of my head and walks out, getting looks from other women in the salon. 

My mind travels to the baby. I am at 8 weeks now, two months. I am barely showing still. When will I start showing?

Do I want the baby to be a girl or a boy?

What kind of birth do I want to give?

What happens if something goes wrong during labor?

What if Grayson has to choose between me or the baby?

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone ringing. I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the contact that reads Monica.

I ignore it and hold my phone in my hand. It rings again. I ignore it again. The process repeats a couple more times.