48: Leaving

Lynn's P.O.V. 

At 35 weeks, there is only a week until the due date of our little girl. I wake up with a small pinching feeling in my stomach. Ignoring it, I get up and walk to the shower.

Grayson has met some friends in my class that I have been going to for breathing. The fathers are encouraged to come to the classes to help and understand the breathing to try to be able to help during the delivery of the baby. 

Grayson and the friends he has made at my classes have been talking about going out but he hasn't yet. It makes me scared that he wants to leave and not be around me when I am so close to having the baby. We have the bag packed and set by the kitchen table. 

My back pains are terrible today, though. I get out of the shower and dry off. I have an urge to clean the apartment today even though my back is hurting and I some pain in the lower portion of my stomach. It almost feels like period cramps.

I shake it off and put on a pair of sweatpants and one of Grayson's shirts. Grayson wakes up and goes to the shower. I go to the living room and start picking up the trash off of the small coffee table. 

By the time I finish cleaning that table off, Grayson is out of the shower. He walks out into the living room, fully clothed.

"Hey, babe. What are you doing?" he asks.

"Cleaning up a bit," I say, "What are you doing?"

"Are you going to be cleaning all day?" he asks, ignoring my question.

"Maybe, I don't know. What are you doing?" I ask again.

"I am going to hang out with the guys today then," he says.

"What? Really?" I say.

"What?" he says.

"This close to the due date?" I ask.

"Yeah, I mean you have a week until the due date," he says.

"Yeah, but the baby can come anytime," I say.

"I will only be gone until like maybe 3 or 4," he says.

"It is 10 right now, Grayson," I say.

"What am I supposed to do around here," he says.

"You could help clean," I answer.

"But after the baby is born, I won't be able to go out with the guys and hang out," he says.

"You shouldn't be going now," I say.

"And why not?" he says, starting to get sassy.

"Because you are leaving your pregnant wife home alone for more than 5 hours," I exclaim. 

"You will be fine," he says.

"Whatever, Grayson. You are going to do whatever you want, anyways," I say.

"Are you pissed?" he asks.

"Yeah, actually, I am Grayson. I am pissed at the fact that you would rather go out with guys than staying home and spend time with me or help me clean up around the apartment before the baby comes," I say.

"I will help you clean when I get back," he says, "Does that sound good?"

"Not really, but whatever," I say.

"I'll be back," he says, leaning over and kissing my forehead.

"Love you," he says as he walks out of the door. I shake my head and stand up. I walk into the kitchen and sit at the table. I start sorting the huge pile of mail on the table. I feel my stomach cramp up again and stand up because of the discomfort.