53: Tired

Lynn's P.O.V. 

Before I left the hospital, the doctor did a test on my ovaries to make sure that I didn't have the primary ovarian thing where it made me sterile. He told me that I wasn't sterile and that I should be able to have more kids. 

After taking Meadow home, she is quiet most of the time. Days pass with no problems except the occasional crying because she wants to be fed or needs a diaper change. Ethan keeps Carter, too. Monica was supposed to come and pick Carter up two days ago. She never showed up and her phone is out of service. 

Ethan is doing well with Carter and Scarlett doesn't have a problem with Carter. She loves him. She was completely shocked at first, understandably. No one can get ahold of Monica and no one can find her. 

Ethan came over yesterday and said that there was a letter from Monica saying that Carter was Ethan's to keep forever. She told him to not look for her and that she was moving far away with Kyce. She doesn't want Carter.  Ethan swore to love Carter with everything in his being until the day he dies at that moment. He was so upset. 

We also called Lisa, Sean, and Cameron to tell them that Meadow was born and then Ethan told them about Carter. They were very shocked and upset but still loving. They said that sometime they need to come up so they can see Meadow and Carter and meet Scarlett. 

I lay in bed, waiting for Meadow to cry, knowing that this is about the time she cries. She loves to be held. Grayson left the bed earlier and I don't know where he went. I breathe in and then out. I sigh as I sit up. 

I want to go to Meadow's room and hold her. I walk to her room and look in her crib but she isn't there.

"Grayson!" I yell.

"Yeah?" he yells back.

"Where is Meadow?" I ask.

"I have her out here," he answers.

 I sigh, "God damn it." I walk out of Meadow's room and to the front room. I look around the corner and see Grayson holding her.

"What are you doing with her?" I ask, "Is he torturing you babygirl?" 

She coos at me and smiles, "Is that a yeah?" I ask

She babbles and Grayson laughs, "Come here," he says to me.

I sit on the couch next to him, "I think everything is finally all sorted out now. I think everything is perfect. I love you so much."

"I love you more," he says.

"Not possible," I say.

"On another note," he says, "I saw this really beautiful girl today. I think I finally saw someone more beautiful than you, Lynn." 

"What?" I ask, "Who?" I frown

"I think her name was Meadow," he says and then smiles.

"Meadow? She has got a pretty name," I say, playing along.

"Yeah. She has this beautiful little nose. And she has her mother's lovely eyes. She is such a cutie," Grayson rambles.

"He's talking about you," I say looking at Meadow. She smiles and then yawns. She starts to cry.

"Oh, you bipolar little turd," Grayson says making me laugh, "I think she wants her mom."

"Gimme her," I say smiling, "Come here babygirl." Grayson hands her to me. She yawns again and I stand up, Grayson smacking my ass. I give him a look and he winks at me. I walk around for a couple minutes until Meadow falls asleep. I set her in her crib.

I walk out of her room and walk into the living room. Grayson turned the T.V. on and he is staring at it. I stand right in front of the T.V.

"What do you think you are doing?" he asks.

I walk up to him and sit on his lap, wrapping my legs around his back. He sets his hands on my hips after he turns the T.V. off. 

"Hi," I say.

"Hello," he says.

"I love you," I say.

"Love you too," Grayson says.

"You know what a month from today is?" I ask.

"What is that?" he asks.

"Our year anniversary," I say.

"Yeah," he sighs.

"What?" I ask.

"It just doesn't feel like that.I feel like it flew by super fast," he says.

"Yeah," I say. I set my forehead on his. Nothing but breathing between us, I pull him closer.

"Can I touch you?" he asks.

"Please, can you," I beg, "please."

He doesn't say anything as he grabs the back of my neck and pulls my face close to his. His lips crash into mine. 

"Slow and soft?" he whispers.

"Whatever you want," I say, "Anything. Please, just something."

His lips move against mine slowly and then he quickens the pace. He unbuttons my shirt that is actually his. He slides the sleeves down my arms and then kisses my chest and neck and then my mouth. Loving the feeling, I softly moan. 

I pull his head closer to mine and return his lips to mine. 

"Hey, do you have some wipes that I can borrow because I --Oops. Oh, God. Sorry," I hear Ethan say behind me.

Grayson sighs, "The wipes are behind you. Hurry up and get them and leave." 

Then Meadow starts screaming and crying. I sigh and Grayson sighs too.

"I'm sorry, guys," Ethan says.

"It's fine, E," Grayson says, running his hand through his hair.

I go and pick up Meadow and walk her around, rocking her until she finally falls back asleep almost an hour later. I walk back out to the living room and find a sleeping Grayson.

I lay next to him and fall asleep, too. 

The end of this book is near. 

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

EOCP