39: Truth

Lynn's P.O.V. 

My blood goes cold as she finishes her words. Haven't I had enough to deal with these last couple months? Hasn't she ruined me enough? Hasn't there been enough damage? When will enough actually mean enough?

"What are you talking about?" I ask. I look at Grayson as he walks closer to me, his eyebrows tight together in a question. 

"It is exactly what I said. I am pregnant with Grayson's child," she says.

My heartbeat speeds up. Many things start running through my mind. 

"So whenever you see Grayson next, tell him to give me a call," she says.

"Wait. He is right here next to me. Let me just put you on speaker and let's talk about this all together," I say. I let out a struggled breath. 

She stutters a bit, "Tha-That isn't. That isn't really n-needed."

I put the phone on speaker. The woman giving me a pedicure looks up at me. 

She whispers, "I'll give you a couple minutes." She offers a small smile and closes curtains around us, trying to give us some privacy.

"Now, for some odd reason, I don't believe what you just told me," I say, "So introduce yourself and tell Grayson what you just told me."

Monica starts stuttering and even I can't understand her.

"What was that?" I ask.

She stutters some more.

"Well, since she is having such a hard time introducing herself, I'll do it," I say.

"What is going on, Lynn," Grayson asks.

"See, Monica here, called me and wanted to tell me about that whole situation with her leaving Ethan. She said she left Ethan, not because she continued to have feelings towards you but because she is pregnant," I explain.

Monica starts to mumble something but doesn't hang up so I talk over her.

"But it isn't Ethan's baby," I say.

"What?" Grayson says, looking astonished.

"Monica says that the dad is you, which I find hard to believe so lets all just talk this out, shall we," I say. Grayson can tell I'm pissed.

Grayson drops the snacks on the floor and grabs my hand. Monica hangs up and I set my phone down. My hands start shaking with anger. 

"Babe, you need to calm down, okay? This isn't good for you or the baby. Calm down and breath," he says.

"Tell me the truth. I don't care if you are the father of Monica's child. I just want to know the truth," I ask.

He doesn't hesitate, "No. If she is really pregnant, it isn't mine."

"Did you guys ever sleep together?" I ask.

"Never," he answers right away.

"Then there is nothing to worry about. I trust you and believe you," I say.

"Okay," he says, "I love you."

"I love you too. I don't want any more drama anymore. I need to be stress-free for my health and this child," I say as I set my hand on my stomach. Grayson sets his hand over mine.

"No more drama. I can definitely deal with that," he says, smiling at me.

The lady comes back in a little later and finishes my pedicure and then I get my nails done. We walk out of the nail salon after me and Grayson argue about who is going to pay. I ended up not paying. He grabs my hand as we walk back towards the truck.