27: Better

Lynn's P.O.V. 

"So the first thing I want to ask you is if you are free tomorrow," the lady on the phone says.

"Umm, it depends. Tomorrow is my husbands birthday, but if the appointment won't take long then I can come in," I say.

"The appointment will take maybe 15 minutes," she says.

"Okay. What is the appointment for?" I ask.

"Your blood test showed up that you are positive for pregnancy. Just to make sure that this is accurate, we would like you to have an ultrasound. Just to be clear, this doesn't mean that you are pregnant but you might be," she says. My heart stops. 

"Ma'am?" the lady asks, "Are you still there?" 

"Y-Yes, I am," I stutter.

"Ok, so I am going to transfer this call to the O.B. office where you will set up an appointment for tomorrow. Also, the doctor wanted me to tell you that your cough is probably just naturally sore. If you have been yelling or screaming that could be the cause. He says to just try to rest your voice and you should be okay," she says.

"Okay," I say. 

"Do you have any questions?" she asks.

"No, thank you though," I say.

"Okay, then. I am going to transfer you to O.B. office. Have a wonderful day," she says. I hear two rings and then someone picks up.

"Hello, are you setting up an appointment?" the man asks over the phone.

"Yes," I say.

"Name, please," he says.

"Lynn Dolan," I say.

"Have you been here before?" he asks.

"Yes," I answer. 

"When would you like to schedule your appointment?" he asks. He is really flying through all these questions. 

"Tomorrow," I answer.

"We have 8:00 am open or do you want later?" he says.

"8 works for me," I say.

"Okay. Is that all?" he asks.

"Yep, thank you," I say.

"Thank you. Have a nice day," he says.

I hang up the phone and put it in my purse. I wait for the cashier to finish ringing everything up, surprised that he hasn't after my rather long phone call.

I swipe my card to pay for the groceries and head out. As I am putting all the bags in the back of my car, I start to think.

I might be pregnant. I could have Grayson's child inside of me. Maybe if I do, everything will go back to normal. Maybe Grayson won't have his head stuck up Monica's ass. Maybe everything will go back to normal. Just maybe.

I drive home and park outside of the apartment. The only shitty part about getting groceries is that I have to carry the bags inside, then to the elevator, then to the apartment. I sigh.

I get my phone out of my purse and call Grayson.

"Hello?" he says after he answers.

"Hey. I just got home but I need your help carrying up the groceries," I say, feeling happier by the minute.

"K. I'll be down in a minute," he says.

He gets down to the car after what feels like 5 minutes and he isn't wearing a shirt. We carry everything in and it only takes one trip. He sets everything on the counter and starts to put things up with me.

I stare at his back muscles as he puts things in the cupboard. I want to tell him but then again, I don't. What happens if I tell Grayson I might be pregnant and then I am not? I feel like I should wait until after the appointment tomorrow.

That's probably best.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist. I leave a kiss on his back. 

"I'm not sick," I blurt out.

"Is that what the appointment was for today?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say.

He doesn't say anything.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

"About what?" he sighs.

"Us," I say.

"What about us?" he asks.

"Everything, I guess," I say.

"I don't really want to, Lynn. Not right now," he says.

"Tomorrow?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says.

"Anytime soon?" I ask.

"Sometime. Just not right now," he says.

"Okay," I say.

"Okay," he says.

I back away and let go of him.

"Tomorrow is your birthday," I say.

"Yeah," he says.

"You know what you want?" I ask.

He chuckles. My heart melts and I smile. 

"What?" I laugh.

"It isn't something I want," he says, "It is something I need."

He looks up at me and smiles.

"And what is that," I ask.

"I need some hardcore sex," he says. He smirks. My heart drops a tiny bit because I was expecting him to say me. Oh, well.

"I don't know," I tease.

"And why not," he asks.

"Maybe because this is the most we have talked since the last time we had sex," I say, "Which was two weeks ago."

"You are counting," he says.

"Mhmm," I say, "Seriously, what do you want?"

"Some good news, I guess. I don't know," he says.

"What do you mean some good news," I ask,

"I don't know," he says.

I have the perfect thing in mind.

"I'm tired. I have an appointment tomorrow at 8 in the morning but I should be back by 9 or 9:30 so I should get to bed," I say.

"Okay. Night, then," he says.

He doesn't do anything else. No hug or kiss. No beautiful or princess. Nothing. But we got somewhere. We talked a little bit. Things are starting to get better.

I lay down and fall asleep almost immediately. In my dream, I hear those same words that have been repeated many times in my head the last couple weeks in Grayson's voice: "She is going to be beautiful, just like her mother"

Instead of making me depressed this time, it gives me hope.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

EOCP