35: Dance

Lynn's P.O.V. 

Grayson pulls up to the driveway and shuts the truck off. We all get out and start walking inside the complex. 

"Lynn? Can I talk to you for a second," Monica says behind me right before we walk inside. 

Grayson nods to me, "I'll be inside, probably taking a shower.

"Okay," I say.

I walk over to Monica who is staring at the ground.

"What?" I ask.

"I just wanted a chance to speak with you," she says.

"Well, you have it now," I say.

"I just wanted to say sorry for everything that has happened," she starts.

"Okay," I answer.

"It wasn't meant for you and then Grayson wanted to continue it when I didn't," she explains. She smiles a little bit but I feel no sympathy in her voice.

"Is that all," I ask, getting more pissed.

"Well, I am sorry," she says again. 

"Okay, I heard you the first time you said it. Just because you say it doesn't mean you really are sorry," I say.

"But I am," she says.

"But are you really? You don't seem like it in the slightest. You are basically blaming everything on Grayson even though it was your plan in the first place," I explain.

"Well, I didn't want to continue it anymore and he did," she says, "That wasn't my fault."

"You still could have said no, first of all. Second, you are the one that came up with the plan in the first place. Third, why would you want to hurt Ethan in the first place? Fourth, why would you mess with a married man? Fifth, why in the hell would you think that your dumbass plan wouldn't hurt me," I rant. 

"I didn't want to continue, your husband did. Don't blame me for that," she states.

"I am not blaming you for that. But you had the power to say no when he wanted to continue and you gave in. You are the one that came up with the plan that he wanted to continue. I am blaming you for all of that," I state.

"Why did you forgive Grayson so easily? I wasn't the one that wanted to continue the plan," she repeats.

"Why did you want to forget the plan, Monica," I ask, clearly pissed.

"Because I went back to Ethan," she says, getting quieter.

"And why is that," I ask.

She doesn't respond.

"Why was that, Monica? Why did you go back?" I ask. She went back because she knew she loved Ethan and was going to hurt him. I want her to say it.

She stays silent.

"Why, Monica?" I ask again.

"Because I was catching feelings for Grayson," she shouts. 

I feel the color drain from my face. I feel myself stumble back in shock.

"What?" I ask shocked. 

"You heard me," she says.

I stare at her, "You are so damn lucky that I am not over there beating your ass to the ground." 

"Don't tell Ethan, please," she says. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

I am still shocked. 

"It will hurt him and as much as I was starting to like Grayson, I love Ethan. I really am sorry about everything that has happened. I hope you believe me," I hear the sympathy in her voice now. It almost hurts. Almost.

"You were trying to hurt him and now you don't want that," I say, "You are so damn confusing."

"I am so so so sorry, Lynn. Please know that," she says, tears running down her face. She walks past me and into the building as I sit there shocked.

I set my hand on my forehead and think. Monica was catching feels for my husband. My mind flashes to all the times that they slept in the front room or when she would lay on his chest. I feel my face get red. 

I walk into the building and into the elevator. I wait until the doors open and walk straight to me and Grayson's place. 

I walk inside, full of rage. I hear the shower water is on and I can hear Grayson singing, calming me down a bit. I walk into the room and take off the dress and heels, leaving me in my thong, that I slip off too. 

I grab a ponytail and put my hair up in a lazy bun and walk to the bathroom, where I get a makeup wipe and wipe the barely-there makeup off. 

I wash my face with my cleanser and then dry my face as soon as Grayson gets out of the shower. He dries himself off and wraps a towel around his waist as he stares at me wiping my face off. 

I turn around and smile at him.

"Why are you naked?" he asks.

"I just took my dress off," I answer. I walk closer to him and set my hand on the towel that is wrapped around his waist.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Whatever I want. What are you gonna do about it," I ask. 

"Whatever I want," he repeats my words. 

I smile at him and unwrap the towel, leaving him naked, like me.

"I like your hair," he says.

"I like you," I say.

"I like you more," he says.

I snake my arm up around his neck and he sets his hand on my waist. His other arm snakes around my waist as he sets his hand on the small of my back pulling me closer. My bare chest touches his bare chest.

He starts swaying back on forth, taking a couple steps forward and then some back, pulling me with him. I look up at him and I set my hand on his side as we sway back and forth in our bathroom, completely naked.

He stops and twirls me and then pulls me back into his chest. I can feel my heart beating with his as we dance. He twirls me again and a laugh erupts from my throat causing Grayson to laugh too. He leans his head down to mine as he pulls me back into his chest and sets his nose on mine.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you more," I say back. 

What is your favorite dessert?
Mine is Ice Cream (Birthday Cake flavor)

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

EOCP