31: The Plan

I feel like I don't know most of you all that much so from now on I am going to ask one question about you guys at the end of every chapter. 

Lynn's P.O.V. 

I sleep without any dreams. I have to listen to Grayson's voice tell me the same thing that it always does as he holds my rounded stomach and whispers to it, telling the baby that she is going to be beautiful, just like me. 

I don't know what time it is when I wake up. I look around and grab my phone. I slept throughout the night. Tomorrow is my birthday, yesterday was Ethan and Grayson's. 

I sigh, think about how shitty their birthday ended up being because of me and my depressing ass. I look over at Grayson on the bed next to me. I get into my purse and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. 

I get up. I have to pee terribly. I halfway run to the bathroom.

I do my business and then wash my hands and brush my teeth. I splash water on my face and walk out of the bathroom. 

Monica leaves Ethan's room and sees me. She smiles my way and looks at me.

"Hey, Lynn," she says.

I give her a look and continue to walk away.

"Oh. I'm guessing Grayson hasn't told you yet," she says.

I turn around, "Don't you ever say his name again." 

"Why not?" she asks.

"You--" I stop and breath, "Just don't." I try to be calm and not snap out.

"Well, I just wanted to talk to you. There was this plan that was originally mine, but after time I didn't want to continue it anymore and Grayson did. I am still not completely sure why but he did. I just wanted to let you know," she explains.

"I don't care. I'll hear the damn stupid ass plan that you two created or what the hell ever that happened when I want to hear it. Whatever your plan was, it hurt me a lot, whether you meant it or not. I haven't felt that broken since Kyce and that is saying a lot," I rant, trying to stay calm.

She looks down at her feet, "Just let Grayson explain everything, please."

"Whatever," I walk away and walk into the room. Grayson is sitting up on the bed and he looks up at me as soon as I walk in the room.

I sit on the bed next to him and look at the blankets.

"I'm scared," I say quietly.

"Why?" he asks, turning towards me.

"I don't know. Everything. I am scared that I won't be able to fix all of this. I am scared for this baby," I say holding my stomach. I don't want to cry. I have done too much crying. Way too much.

"I am scared too. But you shouldn't have to be the one that fixes all of the things that I have fucked up," Grayson says.

"I don't know anymore. I don't understand what I did wrong," I say.

He grabs my face and lifts it up to look at his, "You didn't do anything wrong. Please stop thinking that you did this. I am the one that fucked up, Lynn." 

"But it feels like it was all my fault," I say, a tear slipping out of my eye. I leave it on my face as it slowly rolls down. 

"I am so sorry that I hurt you so much," Grayson chokes out.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes just staring at each other.

"Can I kiss you," Grayson asks.