51: Another

Lynn's P.O.V. 

My lack of sleep has finally caught up with me after they take Meadow away after she is done eating. Grayson holds her and then Ethan holds her. 

He whispers to her and then smiles.

"Uncle Ethan," Grayson laughs.

"Proudly," he says, "Hey, now it isn't just going to be Lynn calling you daddy." Ethan laughs.

I feel my face flush red for a couple seconds. 

Grayson comes up to me and kisses my forehead, "You look exhausted."

"Yeah," I say.

"Sleep, then. Everyone, if you are staying here, you gotta be quiet. Lynn is tired," Grayson announces.

"No, its fine," I say, "I like you all being here. You don't have to be quiet. I will fall asleep anyways."

Ethan hands Meadow off to Grayson and then gives her a small kiss, "I should probably get Scarlett home anyway."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I'll be back later," he says.

"Be safe," I say.

"I will. Get some rest," Ethan says.

"Congratulations, Lynn," Scarlett says.

"Thank you," I smile as they walk out of the room, closing the door behind them. 

Grayson holds Meadow as she falls asleep in his arms. I soon fall asleep, too. I wake up to my phone ringing. I jerk awake and look around the room. Meadow is on Grayson's lap and she is babbling at him and he is smiling and laughing.

I reach for my phone and look at the contact name. Monica. I don't answer and set the phone down.

"Who was it," Grayson asks.

"Monica," I answer groggily. 

"What? What's she want?" he asks.

"I don't know. I didn't answer the phone," I say.

"Thanks for the obvious," he laughs. I laugh too. Then Meadow giggles. 

My phone rings again. I press the ignore button.

"Can I hold her?" I ask Grayson. 

"Yeah," he gets up and walks her over to me, setting her in my arms. 

"Hi," I say to her.

She babbles some more and then moves her arms around. My phone goes off, signaling I got a text. I sigh.

"What the heck," I say.

"Want me to hold Meadow?" Grayson asks.

"Yeah," I sigh. Grayson takes her from me and then I pick up my phone. 

I unlock it and look at the text that Monica sent me.

Monica: Listen, I know you said that you didn't want to ever talk to me again but I need to talk to you so please answer your phone. It is an emergency.

"Oh my fucking God," I whisper.

"What's she want?" Grayson asks.

"Wants to talk to me. She says its an emergency," I say.

I click on her contact and then put it up to my ear. 

I hear it ring twice and then she answers the phone, "Hello. Lynn?"

"What do you want? Make it quick," I say.

"Quick? Okay, then. Do you know where Ethan is?" she says.