30: Food

Lynn's P.O.V. 

I don't know how I managed to fall asleep while Grayson and Ethan were yelling, but I did. And I wake up in complete darkness. The apartment is sound asleep. I don't hear anyone talking. 

I can hear snoring nearby. Ethan probably fell asleep in the front room. I sigh. I am so tired but I slept most of the day. My stomach growls and I put my hand on my stomach. I need to eat something, now. 

I get up off the bed walk over to the door. As I unlock the door, the snoring stops. I open the door and get ready to take a step outside of the room when my foot its a solid object. It isn't completely solid, though. 

As soon as my foot hits the object, I hear a groan and I back away.

"Lynn? Lynn! Thank God!" I hear a male voice say. I know that it isn't Ethan's voice but it sounds similar. That is the same voice to ask me to marry him around 5 months ago. That is the same voice the would talk to me in the middle of the night. That voice comes from the lips that have kissed up and down my body, loving me. But that voice comes from the lips that almost touched Monica's yesterday. 

I back all the way back into the room and close the door, locking it. 

"No! Lynn! Listen to me, please. Let me explain!" he begs. 

"Go away," I manage.

"Please, Lynn," he says as his voice cracks. I can tell he is on the verge of tears. Are they real tears or fake? How am I supposed to know?

"What do you want, Grayson," I ask.

"I want to explain to you everything that has happened," Grayson states.

"I don't need to know. I saw what I needed to see," I say.

"No! Please let me explain!" Grayson shouts.

"Maybe this was all a mistake," I say.

"Yes! Yes, it was a mistake. There was this plan to make Ethan understand--" he starts.

"No, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about us," I say, feeling my heart break.

The silence draws out. I can feel my stomach drop and feel my heart beat 20 times faster as I wait for his response.

"What?" he says quietly. I hear him choke back a sob making my chest hurt more.

"I don't know, Grayson. I don't know anymore. Every time I have tried to fix us these last couple weeks, you push me away. You wouldn't talk to me because of something I couldn't control. You made me think that you hated me," I say, choking back a sob myself now.

"No, babygirl. I didn't mean for you to see it that way. I swear it. Please just let me explain everything," he says not hold back his vulnerability because I can hear it all in his voice. 

"Please, not right now. Please," I sob. I can't stop the tears anymore. I can't stop these emotions.

"Can you at least let me in?" Grayson asks.

I think about it. And then my stomach growls again. I need to eat something. 

"I'm hungry," I state, tears still running down my face.

"What do you want to eat. I'll go get it for you," he says. My chest hurts a little more but my brain is so very confused. 

"Can you go to Dairy Queen and get me the 6 piece chicken tender meal thing with a blizzard," I ask. 

"What kind of blizzard, babe," he asks.

"Oreo," I answer.

"Okay. I will be back in, like ten minutes," he says. I hear him walk away and the front door close. I get back up and walk over to the door. Before walking out, I wipe my face. I slowly walk to the bathroom and go pee.