14: Tears

Lynn's P.O.V. 

I watch as Grayson makes his way over over to me and Kyce quickly. I pull out of my daze enough to shake my head at Grayson. Then I yell, "Don't." I somehow move my feet forward and then I am running, leaving Grayson's luggage and Kyce behind me. 

I run straight into Grayson and he continues to try to run towards Kyce. I put my hands on his chest and try to push him back. As much as I want to let Grayson beat the hell out of Kyce, I can't let him. 

"Grayson, please," I beg him to stop. 

"Why are you defending him again!" he exclaims, still trying to get past me, his eyes dark. 

"I'm not! You are causing a scene and you look stupid!! Please ignore him, please Gray. That's all I'm asking!" I say. 

He stops and looks at me, his eyes stones looking into my soul. He doesn't say anything, he just looks at me.

"Come on, let's just go," I say. He nods his head in anger.

"I'm going to grab your luggage, okay," I say. 

He nods his head again the same way. I walk over and grab Grayson's luggage and Kyce speaks up.

"Sorry, I never meant fo--" he starts.

"Stop talking. You have done enough! I am happily married to Grayson. Don't ever approach me ever again. You abused me and made me feel like shit when we were together and then you tried to ruin my relationship with Grayson. Whenever you entered my life, you completely it. Grayson has always been there for me and he makes me a better person. That's it. I hope you really have changed, for the better, but I want no part of knowing you now. Have a nice life," I say as I walk away. 

I walk back over to Grayson and he is holding my lavender bags. 

"Ready to go?" Grayson says with no emotion.

"I am way too ready to leave," I say. He rolls my luggage and I roll his as we walk out of the airport and into our car. 

He starts up the car and backs out. He starts driving home and an awkward silence settles. He doesn't rest his hand on my leg like he usually does. 

"Look, I'm sorry for snapping, Grayson, but--"I start. 

"No but's. You can't have a real excuse to stick up for him," he says, coldly. 

"I wasn't sticking up for him!" I exclaim.

"Sure seemed like it," Grayson says. 

"I wasn't Grayson!" I say desperately. I can feel the tears ready to spill.

"What were you doing then, Lynn," he asks. 

"I was trying to not make a scene. I was trying to make sure that security didn't come and take you so we would have to stay even longer, "I say starting to cry, "my feet were killing me and I just wanted to go home. We stood there for almost an hour and I got tired. I'm tired of you blaming me for sticking up for him when I hate him with everything I have. He hurt me and did terrible things to me not you. I have every reason to hate him so don't you dare say I was 'sticking up for him'."

He stays silent after I finish, "I'm sorry," he says.

"I just want to go home," I say wiping my eyes.

"Hey, stop crying babe," he says, emotion finding its way back. He finally takes one of his hands and sets it on my leg.

"Whatever," I say, "I'm tired and I just want to go home."